PDA

View Full Version : 3 under 18 months everyday??

angiemog
09-10-2009, 07:23 AM
I'm just wondering if anyone has 3 under 18 months every day? I'm thinking about taking on another mindee. Any comments? Thank you x

sweets
09-10-2009, 07:27 AM
i think it wuld work really well. at the mo i have 2 under 13mnths every and a nearly 4 year old. i sometimes feel a bit sorry for the older one as i am often busy with the babies and he has to amuse himself. i always do something with him while the littlies are sleeping tho. having 3 under 18mnths would prob be easier as they would be more at a similar stage and if you are lucky they may all sleep at the same time and give you a break:laughing:

youarewhatyoueat
09-10-2009, 07:31 AM
I have 2 18 month olds and 1 15 month old but only for 3 days, i've had to buy a triple buggy and an extra proper reclining car seat, its ok as they are all in the same routine ie they sleep for up to 2 hours in the afternoon, but it is hard work. I take them to a toddler group in the morning as we need to get out back for 12 and lunch, free play, sleep and school run then not long till home time.I could not do it for 5 days but thats just me and I do have children of my own and by wednesday theyve had enough of them.

youarewhatyoueat
09-10-2009, 07:34 AM
Will you have to get a variation or is that your numbers full then?

PixiePetal
09-10-2009, 07:36 AM
I would love it.

As long as you can get out and about with them it should be fine, just need to be organised :)

angiemog
09-10-2009, 07:42 AM
Will you have to get a variation or is that your numbers full then?

I would need a variation for one day, and will only be for 6 weeks as I also have 4 year old that starts full time in January.

Princess Sara
09-10-2009, 11:56 AM
I just wanna say good luck! I think it would be hard work but if you can get nap times sorted it should be fun. Don't think I'd want to do it though...

miffy
09-10-2009, 11:58 AM
It sounds like very hard work to me! :panic:

Miffy xx

Hebs
09-10-2009, 12:09 PM
It sounds like very hard work to me! :panic:

Miffy xx

:panic: me too

Buzz Lightyear
09-10-2009, 12:22 PM
Me three!

I have my own who is 17-months and a mindee who is 14-months and my own and the mindee cant half scrap with each other. It can be a nightmare. Snatching toys, pushing each other over, etc. I guess it depends on the actual age of the newest mindee but yes, nap-times would be fun... (she says very sarcastically!) :D

mumx3
09-10-2009, 12:22 PM
I have 3 under 16 months 2 days a week and 2 under 16months the rest of the time. It is really hard work! But good fun too.

I have an 8 month old, 15 months, and 16 months. The older two are fine, no trouble and love getting out and about. The 8 month old takes up most of my time and attention, clingy baby who wants to be held all the time.

So depending on the children it should be fine.

Good luck with everything

The Juggler
09-10-2009, 12:52 PM
I wouldn't do it as I always swore I wouldnt get a triple buggy! I do have a double with buggy board though but mine are 2 1/2 plus a baby.

Alibali
09-10-2009, 01:11 PM
I started out with 3 under 18 months and it was great, as they were all close in age they used the same stage toys etc and could do the same activities and best of all sleep at the same time:D They were all full time and it was busy but fairly straightforward.

Now with varying ages I have to keep certain toys away and swap car seats and rarely get 2 hours peace at snoozetime!

Trouble
09-10-2009, 01:13 PM
your brave :D :eek:

i had 3 under 2 that was enough:D

FussyElmo
09-10-2009, 01:14 PM
I have done it and it is hard work and that when 2 of the children were mine and mindees mum worked closely with me to establish a good routine. You have to give consideration to how you get places etc. The plus side is that they grow up together!!!

janminder
09-10-2009, 04:50 PM
Ooh sounds like hard work but could be fun. Good luck if you take it on:)

julie w
09-10-2009, 04:55 PM
I've done that and it is hard work, but you soon settle into a routine. I really enjoyed it as they all have similar interests. xx.

Maguiresmonkeys
09-10-2009, 08:22 PM
I have two under 18months 4 days a week plus a 3 year old and its great fun, im so lucky that they all get on really well and play nicely:thumbsup: .I would take another under 18months if I had the space. It wouldnt be easy,especially on outings and school runs but im sure it would be fun!:)
Good luck!!
x

Lou
09-10-2009, 08:41 PM
Id say go for it, they will all soon settle into a routine, and best of all you could get them all to sleep at the same time.

I had 3 under 18 months and loved it.

The childminder i use to care for my daughter after school now has a variation to have 5 under 3s, and as she says if you are going to have 1 you may aswell have loads!!!! keep each other company and have lots of fun

Chatterbox Childcare
09-10-2009, 09:23 PM
Yes you can do it. I had this when my DD was little and three little girls grew up together and loved it.

balloon
10-10-2009, 09:05 AM
I've had 3 under 18 months and it's really hard work. I used to be exhausted at the end of the day! Maybe it didn't help that they were all the same age? I have to say it got harder as they got older and park visits etc were involving 3 children running off in different directions etc

It would probably be a lot easier if the LOs were different ages...