PDA

View Full Version : had a good day

sweets
08-10-2009, 06:59 PM
ive got four new mindees starting this month, all different days.

The third one started today and she was a dream! 12mnths old and settled straight in. we went straight out to toddler group when she arrived and she just charmed everyone there. had a few tears but after popping her in the pram she fell asleep and had an hour, and has been great all afternoon.

its funny how some children just slot in.

fingers crossed that my 4th new starter is the same:clapping:

helenlc
08-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Glad things went so well.

I am currently doing settling in sessions with a 9 month old baby. It is going really well. Mum was worried he wouldnt eat in the highchair as she feeds him on her lap!:eek: He hate it all in the highchair! He also slept almost 2 hours this morning which was good!!

When does the 4th one start?

sweets
08-10-2009, 08:16 PM
4th one starts 2 weeks today, a 10mnth old girl but mum seems an anxious parent! so i have a feeling that she may be a crier!

Will be glad when they have all started and i get into a routine with them all.

nannymcflea
08-10-2009, 08:35 PM
It's great to hear a positive story regarding settling in. A lot of stories are about criers so it's good to know that some don't have separation anxiety.:)

Pleased it went well for you.:D

anneriddington
08-10-2009, 09:55 PM
Me too, had phone call from a lady wanting care for her lo which will replace one leaving to move abroard and dh has come home today saying he has been given a big promotion at work and did I still want to carry on childminding :) Yes of course I love my job :clapping: but does take the earning pressure off - wonder what tomorrow will bring :)