PDA

View Full Version : Mindees Behavior when ofsted come...

kelzunique
08-10-2009, 06:18 PM
Well ive had my phone call!! And they're coming!!! Now as much as im running around like a headless chicken getting all my paperwork in order, my main concern is the behavior of the kiddies when Mrs Ofsted is here... you know how kids are when they try to test their luck!! EEEKKKK!!! :panic: :panic: :panic:

Maguiresmonkeys
08-10-2009, 06:25 PM
I felt the same when I had the call! I went to our local resource centre and got loads of different toys and resources for the day of the inspection and that kept them all occupied! :clapping: Put out whatever you know they like and enjoy- that hould help!
.....Im sure someone will be along with more tips too.....!

Best of luck for your inspection xxx

Trouble
08-10-2009, 06:28 PM
I felt the same when I had the call! I went to our local resource centre and got loads of different toys and resources for the day of the inspection and that kept them all occupied! :clapping: Put out whatever you know they like and enjoy- that hould help!
.....Im sure someone will be along with more tips too.....!

Best of luck for your inspection xxx

i agree

works a treat

miffy
08-10-2009, 06:47 PM
Good luck - I'm sure you'll be fine!

Miffy xx

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
08-10-2009, 07:09 PM
Agree keep them occupied my mindee kicked miss ofsted in the leg on my last inspection and called her "fat"!

RachelE
08-10-2009, 07:14 PM
I'm sure they'll be fine - she'll scare them into silence!

It cant be any worse then when Mrs Ofsted asked me in July - if I did drugs or alcohol, and I said no - and my dd said I was lying! :blush:

I'm sure that they will make you proud. - if not, she'll praise you on how you manage behaviour :thumbsup:

Good luck!

TheBTeam
08-10-2009, 08:48 PM
I think as long as you are firm, fair and consistent then you will be fine, keep to the same rules that you apply normally and behave exactly how you would, then this is actually good for ofsted to see, and during my inspection and that of a friend of mine whose children were particularly challenging on the day, she did incredibly well out of the inspection because of the way she kept her cool, and maintained the same behaviour standards.

So a little bit of bad can do you good!:laughing: :laughing:

balloon
09-10-2009, 06:57 AM
One of mine was going through a hitting phase when I was inspected. True to form he hit another mindee quite severely whist mrs O was here. I dealt with it as normal and then explained to mrs O that parents and I were working together to curb this behaviour.

One of my own children accidentally scared a mindee with a shell (don't ask!) and again I dealt with it as normal. By now I figured I'd failed my inspection anyway, lol!

She was very impressed and I got an outstanding! I was gobsmacked!

singlewiththree
09-10-2009, 09:28 AM
I had a 4yr old, 2yrold and 1yr old at my inspection. The 4 & 2 were mine. The ofsted inspector just said " you've got your hands full" and the inspection was only 1 1/2hours I think she had had enough lol

nannymcflea
11-10-2009, 09:30 PM
Just be yourself,don't change the way you behave or your kids will pick up on it.All mine were angels,no strops at all...which was something of a first!

mozarella
13-10-2009, 08:51 PM
to my surprise mine were really good, have a 14 months ( my own) a 2 year old and a 4 year old, ofsted turned up at 5.30 when they are the most tired, grumpy ( I do long days)

But to my surprise they were so good, played with the toys, one trick also i bought a sticker book which got them busy when they were strating to get a bit bored.

Be yourself as the others saids, get a few new bits for the children you know they will like

and Good luck

Moz

Bex1
15-10-2009, 01:48 PM
I am worried about too! One mindee who is 18 months is very good, very confident and indpendant and so she will be fine! I have two others who are very shy and one who cries along (not been with me that long) and so I am worried how they will be as they usually burst into tears and have tantrum or hide away and dont come out (this is when parents drop off other children!).My DD is so calm and laid back she will be fine albeit a little shy!

I expect I will have the kids all clinging onto me!

loopyloo79
16-09-2010, 08:40 AM
ahhhhhhhh im also worried about this. i have only just began childminding this month due to moving home after gaining my certificate. got a phone call frm ofsted yesterday about inspection!!!!!!!!!!!!! shes leaving it a month before ringing me back to arrange as i have only just started!

cant believe it lol already! anyways il do another thread about wht i need to kno but 1 of my main concerns is the behaviour of my own daughter as well as my mindees :-(

i have two very challenging children aged 5 & 6 they are very energetic and shout everything as well as never listen to a word i say. they fight alot and irritate each other. its hard work to be honest lol mum just tells me to tell them off!

also my daughter is nearly 2 and her behaviour is awful at the moment. tantrums, biting herself in temper as well as others. im struggling with what to do for the best. we have started the step with her out of desperation but i was told that this is a big no no with ofsted.

think il just get flustered if anythin happens! any ideas/help would be amazing. i have a whole month to find a way of settling them all down a bit and finding wht will work best!

Ripeberry
16-09-2010, 10:27 AM
When I had my inspection I only had my then 18 month old mindee and usually if anyone strange talks to him he cries! But on the day I had no worries and he was as good as gold and did not cling to my leg as he usually does when someone else (adult) is in the room.

We just went out into the garden and fed the chickens and just played :)

Mcgons
16-09-2010, 11:48 AM
My 3 year old mindees didn't do as they were told. When I asked one of them if she was going to be good while the lady was here, she said 'no!'. But though they were running around inside even after I kept asking them to stop, they were getting on so well together, showing the inspector practically all the toys we have and giggling so much that the inspector said how happy they seemed to be in my care. I wasn't sure what she'd think but she said I managed them well!

Alibali
16-09-2010, 12:58 PM
Go to charity shop and buy a nice 'new' toy and bring it out on day of inspection, should amuse them for a while. Don't plan too much, and allow free play too, if they do misbehave them just be yourself.

MIne have always been great at inspection time, however on my 1st inspection the officer asked 2 yo what his favourite thing to do with Alison was, his reply? Go to the pub:eek: :eek: :laughing: :laughing:

Still got an excellent report though:)