PDA

View Full Version : £82 for Doctor to do Health form!!!

CherryBlossom
08-10-2009, 01:37 PM
Oh my word-nearly fainted when they told me!!

They better be quick with it after paying that much!

x

FussyElmo
08-10-2009, 01:40 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:
Oh my word thats steep I paid £11 and thought that was expensive!!!!

harrysgirl
08-10-2009, 01:42 PM
Yes, I paid £25 - but my friend paid £90!!!! :eek:

devoncm
08-10-2009, 01:45 PM
I didnt pay anything for mine- i did have app at the time so dont know if that made a difference

Daddy Day Care
08-10-2009, 01:45 PM
On our pre reg course we was told in our area people had paid upto £140....luckily mine was reasonable, its crazy what they can charge you

Gareth
xx

CherryBlossom
08-10-2009, 01:50 PM
All that money to tick a few boxes!! hahaha

I suppose I can't complain really as I got all my First Aid for free, and getting 1st years insurance free too

x

MarpleJollytots
08-10-2009, 02:20 PM
Neither me or Tracie got Charged anything and we both have a different doctor. I find the inconsistency of what people are charged by their doctor way unfair.:mad:

miffy
08-10-2009, 04:17 PM
I find the inconsistency of what people are charged by their doctor way unfair.:mad:

I agree with you - it's time there was a standard (very low) charge

Miffy xx

Bitsy Beans
08-10-2009, 04:26 PM
I was lucky - my Dr didn't charge but then again they couldn't find my paper notes so she had to look at my details on the 'puter instead. Dunno if that made a different.

The charges people have to pay are scandalous :mad:

~Chelle~
08-10-2009, 04:44 PM
I paid £75.00 for mine.

Registration was taking a while and when I called ofsted they said that my doctor hadnt sent the form back:angry:

Went into the Dr's, 5 weeks after handing the form and the money in and the receptionist disappeared to see where it was and it was still in the Dr's in tray:angry

Dr's are given a license to take the mickey!!

CherryBlossom
08-10-2009, 04:49 PM
i have only been with this Doctor for about a year, and have had to go in twice-both times they were rubbish and sent me away being no help at all!

Not sure how the very few notes they have on me will cost £82...the form will take a few minutes to fill out. Although i suppose they will be able to check my medical history.

I think it is very cheeky really charging, yes it is taking a Doctor's valuable time..but from the look of things it was going to be filled out by the Doctor's receptionist anyway..who probably would just look up my details on her computer?

Never mind ay!

Mrs Book
08-10-2009, 10:50 PM
I was told when I called it was going to cost me £18. Then got a phone call from surgery to ask me where the claim form was for them to claim the money back from Ofsted which was £100. Said I was having to pay & was told it was £18.

She then said that she would need to check it out but shee thought it would have to be the £100 as it needed so much medical information.

Still waiting for her to come back to me with the price.

Cazz
08-10-2009, 11:33 PM
It's wrong for them to charge these high amounts. Mine was £14.95 - might as well call it £15.00!

Mine wasn't even filled in correctly - they phoned to say it was ready to be collected and as they hadn't sealed the envelope I thought I'd have a read. The doctor (or secretary! :rolleyes: ) had ticked "yes" all the way down the column for the list of things "is your patient affected by:" such as sight, hearing, lifting etc etc. Obviously didn't read the question correctly - never mind about childminding it made me sound as if I should be put down :laughing:

I phoned them and they said I would need to bring it back but my doctor was on holiday that week! That means it must have been sitting in the secretary's tray for several days before they phoned me :angry:

Straws
09-10-2009, 09:35 AM
I think mine was £60 could have been £80 but what a ripp off for them to fill in a couple of sections

Straws xx

FizzysFriends
09-10-2009, 12:01 PM
Mine was £18 but our LA pay, the Dr's invoice them direct.

Stace
03-11-2009, 03:29 PM
Its a crazy world we live in eh !!!! This is the third week of chasing my form from the doctors and I've just got it back - £60. for ticking a couple of boxes - I want that job :laughing: !!!!

Just hope its all worth it - starting to turn into a grumpy old woman :laughing:
ttfn
Stace
xxx

Hebs
03-11-2009, 03:46 PM
when i handed my form in i told them i expected it back by the end of the week as i was PAYING for it to be done :thumbsup:

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
03-11-2009, 04:02 PM
omg i cant believe some of these posts. :eek:

I made an appointment the doctor checked the bits i filled in then did her bit and it didnt cost a thing.

Merry-Minder
03-11-2009, 04:08 PM
Mine didnt cost anything, but my sister in law works there as a receptionist.

Carrie-Anne
03-11-2009, 04:11 PM
I paid £82 too! Could claim £50 back. I had not even been o see my doc had just registered with them before I had my baby and had never been for anything to do with me.

Think £82 is way to much!!!

stacey26
03-11-2009, 04:19 PM
I think its so wrong the amount some of them charge i paid £98 for mine neaver seen him till then always get sent to the nurse who then tells me i need 2 see the doctor !.x

CherryBlossom
03-11-2009, 09:23 PM
It is rubbish-they didn't send my form back with the sae instead asked me to pick it up, when I did all the had done was tick a few boxes nothing else-£82 for that!

jelly15
03-11-2009, 09:42 PM
I paid nothing

Chell
03-11-2009, 10:11 PM
I will be paying £85.10 for mine. :angry: We were told that the maximum they can charge is £84 and something pence and if they charged more we were to report them to the local childminding association who would look into it.

naomiesian
04-11-2009, 02:06 PM
Its just not fair is it? I phoned my doctors and was told it would cost between £20.00-£25.00 which I thought was ok as most of the girls on my course had paid that amount, I then got a call the next day and was told in fact the cost was £87.00 :angry: . I was so cross, even crosser when I argued with the secretary that surely a mistake like that should not have been made and I should never have been told that price in the first place as 20-25 is no where near £87.00, her response was I shouldn`t argue the price, how would I feel if a future parent tried to argue my fee`s!!! I told her straight that although im only pre-reg at the moment I would never make a mistake like that in the first place, in the end due to their error they did drop the fee to £60.00 but it still took them 6 weeks to fill in the form. grrrr

BubbleBobble
04-11-2009, 03:04 PM
I've just been quoted £87.50 PLUS VAT!!! Making it £100.62. Is this the highest?!

naomiesian
04-11-2009, 03:34 PM
Plus vat, didn`t think they could do that, I read on another post on here that you can negotiate the cost, at the price you`ve been told I would def give it a go! good luck :eek:

candy cat
04-11-2009, 05:07 PM
I paid 84.50 and everyone else on my course seem to get theirs for under 30 quid:angry: I complained to surgery and this snotty woman told me 'think yourself lucky as it has now gone up to £86.50'...i was not happy,but what can we do.

flora
04-11-2009, 06:31 PM
When I first reg my old docs charged £10 so not too bad.

Now 7yrs on I have moved practices and I have become chair of the local playschool, as a result I need new crb etc and also ahve to do a hhealth form as I will be bank/relief staff.

The surgery rang toady to tell me the form is done.......£92.50 :eek: :eek: :eek:

I am sorry but I think that is taking the proverbial for what must be 10 mins work max :mad:

naomiesian
17-11-2009, 02:24 PM
Its just not fair is it? I phoned my doctors and was told it would cost between £20.00-£25.00 which I thought was ok as most of the girls on my course had paid that amount, I then got a call the next day and was told in fact the cost was £87.00 :angry: . I was so cross, even crosser when I argued with the secretary that surely a mistake like that should not have been made and I should never have been told that price in the first place as 20-25 is no where near £87.00, her response was I shouldn`t argue the price, how would I feel if a future parent tried to argue my fee`s!!! I told her straight that although im only pre-reg at the moment I would never make a mistake like that in the first place, in the end due to their error they did drop the fee to £60.00 but it still took them 6 weeks to fill in the form. grrrr

After all the problems Ive had so far with my doctors, I got a phone call today from Ofsted to say they stiill havent received my hdb, so phoned doctors and spoke to snooty secretary again only to find out that they forgot all about my form and its still sat in the drawer uncompleted! Not been posted as I had been told on the 9th oct, I am so cross, This is all Ofsted are waiting for before they send my certificate so now just playing the waiting game again. sorry to moan xxxx

clio0602
17-11-2009, 02:30 PM
Hi I handed mine over reception and they told me it may cost £25 its up to the Doctor. Not heard anything back yet so hopefully he's decided not to charge me.

Hope they have sent it though as I had my pre reg visit yesterday and all went well. Can't wait to start!!!!!! :laughing:

chrissie250
21-11-2009, 09:41 AM
Im in north lincolnshire and i paid £35 for mine, which is not the worst bit...... to say a doctor is someone you trust with your health, he answered 2 questions wrong on mine!!..... and they were yes or no answers!!!

Unfortunately for me ofsted have requested further info from my GP....great, but im going to be on to them cause he is so slow!!

All i had to declare was that i was on happy pills as i call them!! about 6 years ago due to family deaths but am abso fine now, a slipped disc which what can you do about that, im fine and i am currently under investigation for abdominal pain, it is not gallstones or my kidneys or liver etc, im awaiting an enoscopy to see if it is a ulcer!

Im really hoping they do not say no to registering me, have any of you cm had your declaration referred back for a doctors report?

Fingers crossed for me ;)

Curly Quavers
21-11-2009, 10:57 AM
mine was free! :eek: :eek:

CherryBlossom
21-11-2009, 11:27 AM
Im in north lincolnshire and i paid £35 for mine, which is not the worst bit...... to say a doctor is someone you trust with your health, he answered 2 questions wrong on mine!!..... and they were yes or no answers!!!

Unfortunately for me ofsted have requested further info from my GP....great, but im going to be on to them cause he is so slow!!

All i had to declare was that i was on happy pills as i call them!! about 6 years ago due to family deaths but am abso fine now, a slipped disc which what can you do about that, im fine and i am currently under investigation for abdominal pain, it is not gallstones or my kidneys or liver etc, im awaiting an enoscopy to see if it is a ulcer!

Im really hoping they do not say no to registering me, have any of you cm had your declaration referred back for a doctors report?

Fingers crossed for me ;)

I wouldn't worry lots of CM's are on the happy pills! It shouldn't affect your reg x

LOOPYLISA
21-11-2009, 01:04 PM
I paid £45

Then they went and lost it, so i had to get another one filled out, didnt charge me again though, thank goodness

I also needed something else signing from my gp (not cm related), they didnt charge me a penny :rolleyes:

clio0602
24-11-2009, 09:31 PM
Got a phonecall today asking me to pick up form from docs. I'm sure it says for them to post directly...... oh well. Oh and they're going to charge me £15 which isn't bad I suppose :)

*Jigsaw*
08-12-2009, 01:24 PM
on our course it ranged from 20-140pounds !!!! mine however was free :)

charliegee
10-12-2009, 12:01 AM
that is so much!!!! yes, hopefully for that fee they will get it done super sharpish!!!

hope all goes quickly for you hunxx