PDA

View Full Version : notice letter - urgent

Helen79
08-10-2009, 12:47 PM
really sorry if this has been repeated lots but need to give a notice letter by pick up today & don't know how to word it.
Any ideas?
Do I need to give a reason on the letter?

little chickee
08-10-2009, 01:00 PM
What is the reason? If i was a parent using a childminder and i was given notice i would need to know why.

I would not accept being given notice with no explaination.

The letter would need to be clear and to the point eg Dear x due to .......(whatever the reason is) I am giving 4 weeks notice of my intent to terminate our contract as of todays date. The last day i will care for your child will be..................... All outstanding fees will need to be paid by this date.

~Chelle~
08-10-2009, 01:08 PM
What is the reason? If i was a parent using a childminder and i was given notice i would need to know why.

I would not accept being given notice with no explaination.

The letter would need to be clear and to the point eg Dear x due to .......(whatever the reason is) I am giving 4 weeks notice of my intent to terminate our contract as of todays date. The last day i will care for your child will be..................... All outstanding fees will need to be paid by this date.

I agree, it is always best to give a reason as to why you are giving notice.

helenlc
08-10-2009, 01:20 PM
You dont have to give a reason for notice (so I was told) but I would want to know.

Keep it brief, to the point and factual ie no emotion.

I did mine and basically it was :

Dear ******

I hereby give 4 weeks notice to end my contract for care of ***** as of today.

You can then give you reason. Mine was due to child being disruptive and violent, so I put that I would no longer be able to look after him due to his actions and that I had a duty of care to the other children in my care.

Then put that the last date of care you will have the child for is ****.

I would then put about when fees are currently paid up to and what the fees are for anytime after this up until the end of the notice period.

Hope that helps.

Pipsqueak
08-10-2009, 01:23 PM
A reason - change of circumstance is a nice and vague statement and reason.

you do NOT have to give a reason but if you do be very careful about what you are comitting to paper.

Helen79
08-10-2009, 03:48 PM
Thanks everyone. I didn't write an explanation in the letter as it was too long to write so gave mum the letter & explained the reasons why, it was easier to tell her than write it all down.
Feel terrible about it now all though :( really don't want to see him go :(

miffy
08-10-2009, 03:51 PM
At least you've got the worst over with - sending hugs.

Miffy xx

helenlc
08-10-2009, 04:46 PM
It is a hard thing to do, even though in my case it made life easier and everything calmer. But I still felt guilty.

You obviously did it for a reason, so keep reminding yourself of that.

CherryBlossom
09-10-2009, 08:48 AM
Hope it goes ok, and they don't make a fuss
x