PDA

View Full Version : Childminder Library Cards

grindal
08-10-2009, 12:38 PM
With apologies to loads of you who probably already know this - I have just been to the library and got my self a child minder library ticket. Apparently i can take extra books out and also FREE :clapping: :clapping: CDs and DVDs. Just thought I would share in case anyone out there did not know this.

PixiePetal
08-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Thanks, you just reminded me to change my address with them! I have a CM card - think I can have dozens of books but usually get about 15 at a time cos they always pick the huge ones to carry :D

singlewiththree
08-10-2009, 12:44 PM
I didn't know that, thanks:)

christine e
08-10-2009, 01:09 PM
Don't know if it is the same in all counties but in Notts although the books are date stamped to be returned after 3 weeks we can actually keep them for one year!

Cx

helenlc
08-10-2009, 01:15 PM
I have one too!!

specks4
08-10-2009, 01:21 PM
i have one too, dont get charged either for late returns or if books accidently get damaged.
I think it is 6 books each child you look after so really good.

ORKSIE
08-10-2009, 01:32 PM
Oooooh I will check this out next week.
Thanks for that Grindal:thumbsup:

grindal
08-10-2009, 01:33 PM
Don't know if it is the same in all counties but in Notts although the books are date stamped to be returned after 3 weeks we can actually keep them for one year!

Cx

I would never be able to keep track of keeping them for a year!

Daddy Day Care
08-10-2009, 01:47 PM
I had no idea about this, thanks for letting us know

Gareth
xx

buildingblocks
08-10-2009, 02:23 PM
It varies from area to area. We never used to have them here but I took in a leaflet about them from another area. Sadly though as is usually the case with our authority we don't actually benefit as you only get 3 weeks and have fines to pay Tight fisted so and so's

madasahatter
08-10-2009, 03:16 PM
In our area you are able to take out books for 7 weeks rather than the normal 3 and no charges for overdue. I think you can take out more books than a normal ticket though I've never tried to get the maximum, I'd never be able to carry them.

miffy
08-10-2009, 03:58 PM

Cx

I didn't realise we could keep them that long!

Miffy xx

Allie
08-10-2009, 04:09 PM
It varies from county to county Hampshire is very good but beware I took out an adult book about childcare on the CM card and the normal rules on returning applied to the book meaning I had to pay a fee:(

Otherwise the system is great I even bought a with drawn big book for 50p my own cm children had torn!

Allie

chewy sweets
08-10-2009, 04:20 PM
Anyone know if you can get a childminder library card in Wales????

loocyloo
08-10-2009, 04:21 PM
It varies from county to county Hampshire is very good but beware I took out an adult book about childcare on the CM card and the normal rules on returning applied to the book meaning I had to pay a fee:(

Allie

i'm in hampshire, and i can't take out any adult books on my cm card, not even if they are childcare ones or are in the childrens part of the library!!! even the library staff think thats daft!!!

i can take 30 books on my card, and as we pop in most weeks, i do sometimes find we have 30 at home! plus its up to 30 on my own childrens cards and as children don't get fined for being late back with books .... sometimes we have them for ages !!! :blush: i have been know to take a buggy JUST for the books !!!

avril
08-10-2009, 04:24 PM
Well I wasn't aware of this, must visit my local libary tomorrow:thumbsup:

Thank you.

angiemog
08-10-2009, 04:41 PM
In Norfolk we are allowed 25 books and keep them for 3 months. This includes story sacks. I don't know about late fees or dvds though. x

Cazz
08-10-2009, 04:50 PM
In Norfolk we are allowed 25 books and keep them for 3 months. This includes story sacks. I don't know about late fees or dvds though. x

I'm in Norfolk too and didn't know this so thanks. :thumbsup:

I'll be off to the Library on Saturday to get my card!! :D

janminder
08-10-2009, 05:33 PM
I am presuming mine doesnt as they know I am a Childminder and carry all my mindees cards with, I visit once a week, but it will be worth asking just in case.

georgie456
08-10-2009, 05:37 PM
i have one too, dont get charged either for late returns or if books accidently get damaged.
I think it is 6 books each child you look after so really good.

We also don't get charged for late books or any damaged here in Wilts. We are allowed 15 books at a time....

Alz
08-10-2009, 05:38 PM
Ah....this thread has just reminded me to get one!

Thanks!:thumbsup:

FussyElmo
08-10-2009, 06:03 PM
Well I dont think we get this in S-O-T as they know Im a cm and I have my mindees tickets. We are allowed up to 20 items a week and no charges on the childrens books :)

However I think they wont tell me as ds is a total nightmare in there:D

Trouble
08-10-2009, 06:17 PM
and you can have them for about 8 weeks instead of the normal month:thumbsup:

misst104
08-10-2009, 06:22 PM
I didn't know about this either especially about the c.d's and d.v.d's - great thanks!! :thumbsup:

Lady Haha
08-10-2009, 08:03 PM
I didn't know about it either! I'm in there every school holiday for the activities they put on and they know I'm a childminder as they tried to get me to join their reading scheme thingy and I told them then that I am the kids childminder so don't have their cards....why didn't they tell me!!!!

CherryBlossom
09-10-2009, 08:43 AM
That is great-didn't know there was such a card just for Childminders :D

tulip0803
12-10-2009, 06:01 PM
Anyone know if you can get a childminder library card in Wales????

Katie I spoke to the man at Carmarthen library and was told that we can borrow more items for longer and no fines:thumbsup: Should be the same for all the libraries in the county.

Also if you go into the library and show proof you are a childminder you can ask for a book start pack too - Same man told me:D

LittleMissSparkles
12-10-2009, 06:06 PM
It varies from area to area. We never used to have them here but I took in a leaflet about them from another area. Sadly though as is usually the case with our authority we don't actually benefit as you only get 3 weeks and have fines to pay Tight fisted so and so's

sounds about right BB xxxxx