PDA

View Full Version : oh god why now!!

littlepixies
08-10-2009, 12:01 PM
Hi guys...

I just has a phone call yep it was ofsted!!

she asked if i was minding i said yest but its just mornings and evenings.. and depends on mum and dads rota what days ect.

It was the inspector i had when i was first graded 3 1/2 yrs back!!

i said that half term is coming and i know mum wants me to have her a couple days so would it be better to wait till them and once i find out what days im having her ill email you??
She agreed yes this would be better.....

SOOOOO HELP!!!!!!!!

I was graded good last time and i was really hoping to aim for outstanding but i really dont think thats possible.. as ive not yet done childprotection course only within my nvq3 a few months back, and im still just getting to grips with eyfs and the planning.... oh god why now... cant she just put it off for few more months!!

What really upsets me is i know another childminder who moved.. never got re inspected on her property and is 2 years out of date for her proper inspection. and when i bought it up with the inspector who come out a few months back to re register me in my new property she just said oh tell her to keep quiet!!

my head is now all over the place i really really wanna try and get outstanding does ne one here have any good pointers??????? please help!!

PixiePetal
08-10-2009, 12:14 PM
Calm down for starters........remind me of this when I get the call!!

I am sure everything is in place, just go over the actual requirements (look through forum posts and downloads)and make sure they are covered. Anything else is a step towards outstanding.

Personally I would be more than happy with a good :)

nemo97
08-10-2009, 12:20 PM
Hi you can do the safeguarding online before she comes. :thumbsup:

miffy
11-10-2009, 08:26 PM
There's a new booklet "Are you ready for your inspection?" and another new one "A passion to be outstanding" - both are in the free downloads section here - they should give you some ideas.

Miffy xx

nannymcflea
11-10-2009, 09:37 PM
Make sure you know your safeguarding children boards system of what to do if you suspect abuse.

BOOK the course so you can say you know you need to do it and WILL be doing on such a date.(It's not a nice course but it is worthwhile and you do need to do one)