PDA

View Full Version : Recomendations for double buggy

nikkia77
08-10-2009, 10:59 AM
Quite fancy the maclaren techno twin in black as I have a maclaren for my dd & like the feel of it also it comes with everything you need, raincover, footmuffs, it's going to cost most of my £300 start up grant at £270 but i've been told to get the most expensive I can afford

Any thoughts?

PixiePetal
08-10-2009, 11:06 AM
Can't go wrong with a Maclaren if you want a side by side stroller type. Does my back in when the kids are heavier and with the hills in town near me.

The out 'n' about 360 is fantastic for a 3 wheeler side by side, but needs more room if you have to get it in the car :rolleyes:

I have a tandem Jane which I got from ebay with cosy toes, car seat, changing bag etc. bulky to store but I needed a tandem to go in my front door. Woud have got the out 'n' about if it had fitted in the door:)

Pudding Girl
08-10-2009, 11:08 AM
I hate maclarens, has the rally twin and it was bendy and I hated it. Best thing is to try out as many as you can, and also think hard about where you need to go and what you need to do and who with and if you will ever need a buggy board, if it fits the car etc.

I really rate Nippers and P&T and also Little Shield Meribel twins - used all of them and they are all top notch.

daisyboo1980
08-10-2009, 11:21 AM
hi
cant beat a phil and ted i got mine from http://www.icoobaby.co.uk/c-34-phil-teds-range.aspx?gclid=COPC35-C-5wCFaBb4wodlU0QAQ and it was only 299 with a double kit.
i had a side by side o baby which i hated so heavy to push and i also had a 3 wheeler twister i liked it but did fit in the car
happy buggy shopping i love it lol

helenlc
08-10-2009, 11:22 AM
Depends what you will use it for mostly - walking or in the car.

For walking the Nipper is great as is the Mountain Buggy double - its a breeze to push, expensive but worth it.

If you are getting in and out the car a lot, an umbrella style one is good. I had the Twin techno and it was great. Now have a Chicco one and thats good too - comes with 2 aprons and raincover.

The Juggler
08-10-2009, 11:32 AM
I had two maclarens and loved them to push but both ended up buckling and not locking when I opened them. I now have a side-by-side chiccho which is the lightest pushchair I've ever had. Small wheels and umbrella fold so not much bigger than a single when folded. I love it. I walk everywhere so it's great for me and I don't often need to get it in the car.

Got it (and both maclarens) for around £100 on kiddicare who also do free delivery BTW!!

buildingblocks
08-10-2009, 12:13 PM
Isn't it strange how differing people have differing views.

I love the threads on pushchairs as I am always looking for ideas in case I need a new one (don't tell Gary as I have two singles and two doubles and promised him no more).

I have a side by side Cosatto which is brilliant but is useless to fold easily to store as it never closes right unless I take the hoods off. Would use it far more than the Sky Marco which I hate but it is a nightmare to get in and out of my front gate with children in.

On the Maclaren front I love them but never had a double. One of my ex parents has just given me her single. I had both children and this pushchair is now six years old and still going strong apart from a little bit of wear and tear on the material but nothing major. It also did both boys from being a baby until they were quite old. S is now 4 and mum has finally stopped using it with him and he is actually a tall child.

Little Bear
08-10-2009, 12:24 PM
I have tried loads of double pushchairs and found a side by side takes up the pavement especially if you have a little one walking holding on the side. Tandam ones, the child in the front gets hit! I finally bought after my 6th attempt with doubles a Phil and Teds E3. It's the best pushchair in the world and with a click of a button turns back to a single pushchair. These are expensive but take your time and look out for them on Ebay. I got mine for £150 and then had it checked over to make sure it was completely safe. FAB

singlewiththree
08-10-2009, 01:02 PM
I have a Jane powertwin its great, 3 wheels for the buggy roads, narrow as I live in a place with lots of narrow pavements and easy to push. I also have a Phil & Teds and a Maclaren Single.