PDA

View Full Version : sat here waiting

Hebs
08-10-2009, 07:26 AM
grr

Mindee due to me at 8am and I'm sat here waiting!!

I can see their house from mine so its not like they are stuck in traffic!!!

I need to leave for the school run in 5 mins, what do I do?

jelly15
08-10-2009, 07:27 AM
Go without them and they can wait until you return.

mummyroysof3
08-10-2009, 07:28 AM
id just leave on time, not fair to make anyone else late :angry: blimmin people, they prob just overslept:laughing:

charlotte x

little miss chatterbox
08-10-2009, 07:31 AM
def go without them!

I have a similar probem with one of mine, I have to leave at 8.30 on the dot so I've told her if she's not there I'll go without her which she was fine with.

However she's now taken to texting me at 8.29 and telling me she's 2 mins away! which is a right pain coz I then feel like I have to wait for her then it takes another 5 mins once she's here to get lo in the buggy (or the car by that time) and then we're still late! grrrrrr

Good luck hope you're not late

Winnie
08-10-2009, 07:37 AM
Go!

I'm sat here waiting too :( but i dont have a school run so not too much of an issue- except i feel i can not get stuck into anything in case the door bell goes (not even a visit to the loo;) ) they were due at 7.30 & this has become a bit of a habit.....i'm sure they do not realise that i still get up at 6 and get the playroom ready...and sit waiting....untill i realise they are going to be late :( then i start looking for something- usually paperwork- in the playroom ...oh here they are

wendywu
08-10-2009, 08:12 AM
I would text, leaving for school see u when i get back, or you can catch me up.

Hebs
08-10-2009, 09:55 AM
i rang her and LO isn't well, so isn't coming :rolleyes:

LittleMissSparkles
08-10-2009, 10:13 AM
nice of her to let you know instead of you having to ring her :rolleyes:

Hebs
08-10-2009, 10:22 AM
nice of her to let you know instead of you having to ring her :rolleyes:

yeah she said she'd forgot :rolleyes:

she wouldn't be happy if i'd forgot i was having L :laughing:

ORKSIE
08-10-2009, 10:31 AM
Nice of her to let you know, hope you wer'nt late for school cos of her:panic:

helenlc
08-10-2009, 11:10 AM
How annoying!!!:angry:

My baby who is starting later this month was due to come for a settling in session yesterday. I came rushing back from taking my daughter to school to be home for just after 9. By 20 past no sign of her. Text at 25 past and asked if they were coming as I needed to go out at 9.30 for a toddler group I run. No answer, so called. She said I was just about to call call and that her leg was hurting and she wouldnt be bring him today.:angry: But it threw all my plans out but she didnt seem to realise at all.

mummyroysof3
08-10-2009, 11:31 AM
do you think they remember to phone work to say they wont be going?

charlotte x

mushpea
08-10-2009, 11:38 AM
def go without them!

I have a similar probem with one of mine, I have to leave at 8.30 on the dot so I've told her if she's not there I'll go without her which she was fine with.

However she's now taken to texting me at 8.29 and telling me she's 2 mins away! which is a right pain coz I then feel like I have to wait for her then it takes another 5 mins once she's here to get lo in the buggy (or the car by that time) and then we're still late! grrrrrr

Good luck hope you're not late

i wouldnt bother answering the txt and say you didnt get unitll you were half way to school, or txt back 'will see you when i get back as just leaving', its not far on the kids when they get told of for being late.

chewy sweets
08-10-2009, 11:41 AM
Why do parents do that??? Mine are 30/40 mins late sometimes and don't even get a sorry i'm late! Luckily at the moment i don't do any school runs so i'm just sat here twiddling my thumbs!!!:(

little chickee
08-10-2009, 12:07 PM
I truly beleive the parents do not think it is a problem at all to be late dropping off and collecting. Because we are working in our own homes they do not realise that we have schedules to keep just like everyone else.

i had a problem with a late parent that just drove me mad and now i am very firm on times - if they are not here when they should be on a regular basis i will make sure that i go out and will say "oh well seeing as you didnt let me know you would be late i assumed you werent coming so just carried on with my plans for the day" They soon learn!!

helenlc
08-10-2009, 12:29 PM
I truly beleive the parents do not think it is a problem at all to be late dropping off and collecting. Because we are working in our own homes they do not realise that we have schedules to keep just like everyone else.

i had a problem with a late parent that just drove me mad and now i am very firm on times - if they are not here when they should be on a regular basis i will make sure that i go out and will say "oh well seeing as you didnt let me know you would be late i assumed you werent coming so just carried on with my plans for the day" They soon learn!!

A cm friend of mine had 2 girls. One of them never came on time. She was due at 8.30 and sometimes mum would call and say she was on her way and still wouldnt be there for another hour. Other times she just didnt come at all. My friend was constantly checking her phone for messages or trying to arrange with her where to meet her if she was so late.

In the end I told her to tell mum that she would wait until 9.30 and if she wasnt there by that time then you wouldnt accept her. She soon got her there on time or at least by 9.30.:angry: