PDA

View Full Version : New ************* website thingy!

Daftbat
07-10-2009, 09:22 PM
Well, another shot in the foot for red tape etc.

Just been on the website thats supposed to have replaced the ************* site to check my details as i have a vacancy i want to fill. Surprise, surprise, my details have not been transferred over:angry:

Everyone else i know is there:(

I will be on the phone in the morning - i would urge everyone to check!

Mouse
07-10-2009, 09:27 PM
That prompted me to check mine - it wasn't there before.

It gives my details now - including my FULL ADDRESS :angry: :angry: :angry:

I will also be on the phone first thing in the morning!

Mouse
07-10-2009, 09:32 PM
And the other info listed for me is wrong!

The oddest thing is it lists the days I work in the order: Friday, Monday, Saturday, Sunday, Thursday, Tuesday, Wednesday???? Why?? Why aren't they listed Monday-Sunday??

TheBTeam
07-10-2009, 09:33 PM
Mine didn't show up either, when i find the number i will be on the phone first thing in the morning too!:laughing:

Blaze
07-10-2009, 09:34 PM
Don't like the new site at al - not at all user friendly - which will untimately cost me enquires - if you're not on the first page - then forget it!!!! There are over 1500 on my town & they have all of my details wrong - the only thing right is my name!:angry:

Oh & I can't find the vuber to contact them either!:mad:

Pipsqueak
07-10-2009, 09:35 PM
Mines not on - there are only 4 minders showing and one of them isn't even for this area!!!
Got a letter though this morning for my signed permission for them to display my details though
Idiots!

Blaze
07-10-2009, 09:36 PM
At least you got a letter - I didn't get anything from Surrey CC!:rolleyes:

cher25
07-10-2009, 09:38 PM
Mine isn't on there, nor is any of the other childminder's in my area. There are no names on there i recognise from the ************* site. However someone from here is on there already. :)

TheBTeam
07-10-2009, 09:42 PM
Well i finally found me on the bottom of page 2, which is odd cos i searched on my full postcode, and i am the only one with dh (he didn't show) and yet it said i was 1km from my postcode and at least 20 others were nearer me than me!!

Load of rubbish, and i haven't had a letter, and yet it says i have asked for my address to be with held!

Mouse
07-10-2009, 09:43 PM
I haven't given any permission for my details to be put on there. I certainly wouldn't have let them put my address had I known they were planning to.

Can you others see people's addresses for your areas?

youarewhatyoueat
07-10-2009, 09:44 PM
What a rubbish site, I searched for myself under my postcode and nothing came up so I put a town in which is 5 miles away and I'm there with no vacancies apparently!!!

Noodles
07-10-2009, 09:47 PM
I must be thick i cant find where to search :blush: :blush:

Pipsqueak
07-10-2009, 09:51 PM
Gone back to check it - apparently there a no childminders in a 20mile radius BUT there are several nurseries, playgroups etc that I could swear are childminders (or where last time I talked to them).

PLUS - they have got at least 8 childminders (on the first two pages alone) down on the site that I know for a fact that have deregistered over 6months ago:panic: :panic:

Still can't find me!

http://childcarefinder.direct.gov.uk/childcarefinder/

little miss chatterbox
07-10-2009, 09:53 PM
i haven't had anything to fill in for mine! No wonder I'm not getting any calls!

Mouse
07-10-2009, 09:55 PM
For a search of local 'childcare & nurseries' it says:

"The results include out of school care and holiday schemes, playgroups, preschools and toddler groups"

Um, what about childminders? It does include childminders, but doesn't say so.

I really hope they get it all sorted out soon :panic:

cher25
07-10-2009, 09:56 PM
Take back what i said before. Just looked again and i am on there. But i had to search in all catagories to find it. Im not under childminders.

Why on earth does the gov website have to take over everything. It even makes searching for jobs harder and everything. :mad:

singlewiththree
08-10-2009, 06:11 AM
Well, another shot in the foot for red tape etc.

I will be on the phone in the morning - i would urge everyone to check!

Mine didn't come up in the search so I put my name in and it did but said I had no vacancies and my details were withheld at my request :angry: great!

singlewiththree
08-10-2009, 06:13 AM
I haven't given any permission for my details to be put on there. I certainly wouldn't have let them put my address had I known they were planning to.

Can you others see people's addresses for your areas?

My address isn't up but it could be because our family information service told us they are sending out a consent form for us to fill in, that was last Friday! still haven't received it.

miffy
08-10-2009, 06:54 AM
I just tried the link and it says to try again later!!!!:rolleyes:

Will just have to wait to see if I'm there or not!

Miffy xx

PixiePetal
08-10-2009, 06:59 AM
I just tried the link and it says to try again later!!!!:rolleyes:

Will just have to wait to see if I'm there or not!

Miffy xx

Maybe they have had lots of complaints! :angry:

HomefromHome
08-10-2009, 07:01 AM
northants finally on and all it has is out (full) names and the number for the local families information service. so quite pleased bout that as really didnt want my full details on there - it's the same for all minders. - i think a parent would take 1 look at that and run to be honest - too many pages to look through

mummyroysof3
08-10-2009, 07:09 AM
how do we get our details put on there?

charlotte x

amirose
08-10-2009, 07:11 AM
All I get is

"This is an aggregated service and as such is calling a web service of information from the PKH directory. There seems to have been an error calling the service please try again later."

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

HomefromHome
08-10-2009, 07:11 AM
how do we get our details put on there?

charlotte x

your local council/families information sevice should have done this...:rolleyes:

mummyroysof3
08-10-2009, 07:14 AM
your local council/families information sevice should have done this...:rolleyes:

i wasnt advertised on there as only just advertising after having andrew:D

charlotte x

cabby
08-10-2009, 09:17 AM
well ive just found myself in with day nurseries, :panic:

dont know whos phone number they've given me but its not mine:angry:
and apparently i have no vacencies:angry: :angry: :angry:

how do i get in touch with them to change my details, cant find any contact details for them:mad:

Mouse
08-10-2009, 09:39 AM
I had a letter through this morning telling me about the changes and letting me know that I will shortly be contacted to confirm what details I want public or not.
Bit late when they've already put my address on there :angry:

It also says that the info will be exactly the same as it was on the old Childcare Link website. No it isn't! It's nothing like it!!

I'm not a happy bunny! When I phoned to say they were showing my full address, the person I spoke to just said "oh dear, that shouldn't be there. We'll have to see if we can remove it"!!

Useless :panic:

PixiePetal
08-10-2009, 09:46 AM
Well I am on page 3 of my local ones (first time for everything! :laughing: ) mixed in with nurseries etc. Hopeless if a parent is looking for a childminder

Says to contact local CIS which is fine.

Distance from centre of town is a load of bull though. Looking at friends who live round the corner from each other - apparently 2KM apart :rolleyes:
and mine is 2KM away from her too although my old house was in the same road and I am now living about 8KM away:rolleyes:

hayleychildcare
08-10-2009, 09:50 AM
Well ive just looked for mine and im on page 3 (after i put in my full post code) and they have a phone number to contact me on that isnt even my number.

AND i have no vacancies APPARENTLY :censored:

PixiePetal
08-10-2009, 09:57 AM
Well ive just looked for mine and im on page 3 (after i put in my full post code) and they have a phone number to contact me on that isnt even my number.

AND i have no vacancies APPARENTLY :censored:

is it your local CIS number?

Dottilicious
08-10-2009, 10:33 AM
Im on there but without my details the local CIS number to call and says I have no vacancies which isn't very helpful. I searched using my own postcode and I came up on page 4?? Minders on the otherside of my town came up first! So I dont think the search is working very well. Childminders are also mixed in with nurseries. I hope they sort it out soon.

Daftbat
08-10-2009, 11:26 AM
Wow, talk about opening a can of worms!

I spoke to them this morning and was told about the "teething problems" and that they would check in to my details. I was assured that if parents call the council or associated agencies looking for childcare that my information will be available as usual. Here's hoping!

Bananabrain
08-10-2009, 11:46 AM
We have all childminders,nurseries etc listed.

But no contact details for any of them!!!!!!

Been trying for days to speak to someone who has a clue as to when it will be sorted.

No-one knows...................or cares!

This country is fab isn't it?:laughing:

teacake2
08-10-2009, 05:39 PM
I am on there, I have no vacancies - I have 2, I also live 4Km from my own postcode, is there any wonder we cannot fill our vacancies?:angry: :angry:
Teacake2

Mrs.L.C
08-10-2009, 05:49 PM
I dont know why they have got rid of the ************* - thats was a fab site so why change it? This new one has got to be the worst site I have ever seen and if I was a parent I would look for other sites or not bother at all

haribo
08-10-2009, 05:54 PM
omg ive just checked after seeing this thread- im on about page 5 - no mobile number which i said they could put on and it says i have no vacancies - dear god ive only 2 parttimers im desperate for the phone to ring . going to ring tomorrow and sort it hopefully but seems a shambles :angry:

Alz
08-10-2009, 05:57 PM
All I get is

"This is an aggregated service and as such is calling a web service of information from the PKH directory. There seems to have been an error calling the service please try again later."

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

thats all I get too!!....stoopid new website thingy!!:(

specks4
08-10-2009, 05:58 PM
Hi
I found my name on page 2 but again no phone number and no vacancies it says to contact FIS for my details. Alos ive noticed if i search jusr for a childminder im not even on there.

Being a parent if i was looking for a childminder i would think the new site rubbish and look else where.

It doesnt even load up properly

The Juggler
08-10-2009, 09:49 PM
I put in my postcode and the whole of sutton's list of childminders (or nearly) came up listed as 0km from my house! I don't think so. I know where some of them live and they are between 1 and 4 miles away.

Didn't find me but gave up looking after first 50 names.

cher25
08-10-2009, 09:55 PM
I had a phone call from my local fis today asking if i had any vacancies. I just said im as full as i want to be. Finger's crossed if i need them to change though then they will. However something tell's me it's the biggest farce ever and that i wont stand a chance. lol

Winnie
08-10-2009, 10:17 PM
still says 'error' i'll give them error :angry: i notice the schools and childrens centre bits are working......:mad:

PixiePetal
09-10-2009, 07:28 AM
it now says 'work is ongoing to improve the coverage and accuracy of the section' and to ring to get number if local FIS :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hope they sort it. Seems they set it up and will now get the details updated for us - I hope anyway!!

Minstrel
09-10-2009, 08:15 AM
They have obviously never heard of the saying 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it!'

georgie456
09-10-2009, 08:48 PM
Oh my goodness what on earth is this new awful site about??!!!!

I searched using my full postcode (I am the only CM based at my postcode) I am on pg11 (209th!!!!!!) and apparantly am 3KM away from my own house :confused:

It uses my full name - including my middle names - which I don't want on a public site. I also work under a company name which I want used instead. No wonder the phone is quiet these days. Are they determined to put us out of business? :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Twinkle
09-10-2009, 10:28 PM
A quote from the site:

Registered childcare is care that is inspected annually by Ofsted against the National Care Standards 2001, which apply to children from birth to eight years old.

They haven't got a clue what they're talking about! We don't stand a chance! :censored:

There are five nurseries and seven childminders nearer to my address than I am!

The Juggler
10-10-2009, 07:47 AM
[QUOTE=georgie456;546917]Oh my goodness what on earth is this new awful site about??!!!!

I searched using my full postcode (I am the only CM based at my postcode) I am on pg11 (209th!!!!!!) and apparantly am 3KM away from my own house :confused:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: so that's going to be really useful to parents then isn't it!! or us, for our business. they'll see every childminder in the nearest 10 miles radius before us...

Chimps Childminding
10-10-2009, 10:30 AM
Having read these threads have just checked mine. Got my full address on there :angry: checked those listed under mine and just gives CIS number for them all :confused: Oh and June who actually lives next door, is apparently 3 km away from my postcode???????????????:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Rubybubbles
10-10-2009, 11:42 AM
lol it is awful

I live 8km from my postcode:laughing:

He ho, word of mouth is normally how i fill so fingers crossed for when I need eh:rolleyes:

Hebs
10-10-2009, 12:02 PM
mine is there but it's suprising how many people live closer to my house than i do :rolleyes:

it also doesn't have ANY of my details on, no contact numbers and says i have no vacancies :rolleyes: