PDA

View Full Version : Which one?

helenlc
07-10-2009, 08:52 PM
I have my books in a collapsible storage box at the moment but want them on something a bit nicer.

I looked at this one:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/8754152/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CHome+and+furniture%7C14417894/c_2/2%7Ccat_14417894%7CChildren%27s+furniture%7C144181 10/c_3/3%7Ccat_14418110%7CChildren%27s+storage+and+toy+bo xes%7C14418113.htm#tabrev

I particularly like it as its £10 off at the moment!:blush:

But I also like this one:

http://www.gltc.co.uk/fcp/product/-/storage_tables_chairs_bookcases/Sling-Bookcase/2139

I think this will accomodate the bigger books better.

All my mindees are aged just 2 and under so its mostly board books and quite biggish books that I have out.

I want it to go in my conservatory. I dont want anything too tall or imposing.

Arent I fussy???:blush:

Polly2
08-10-2009, 07:58 AM
I like the gltc one!

I knoe someone who had the argos one and the fabric ripped pretty quickly. Might have been just heavy handed kids but :rolleyes:

I also like the colour of the gltc one especially if its on display in your conservatory!

See I am fussy too :laughing:

PixiePetal
08-10-2009, 09:04 AM
Def the gltc one. It looks great. The plain colours will display the books well and not so in your face IMO.:thumbsup:

LisaMcNally09
08-10-2009, 09:07 AM
Ive just ordered the Argos one!!:blush:

youarewhatyoueat
08-10-2009, 09:12 AM
I like this one a friend has it and its really good
http://www.amazon.co.uk/TIDY-BOOKS-BC-CLC-Books-Bookcase/dp/B000XUUZFM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=kitchen&qid=1254993019&sr=8-2

But i'm trying to find it a bit cheaper!

mummyroysof3
08-10-2009, 09:13 AM
im going to get the argos one when my extension is finished, might have a word with hubby with it being on offer i might get it early :laughing:

helenlc
08-10-2009, 11:00 AM
I like the price of the Argos one but the look of the GLTC one!!!:D

Think I might wait til the end of the month when the baby starts properly and then treat myself to the GLTC one.

I like that it can accomodate bigger books, looks more sturdy and is neutral colours so will not stand out so much in the conservatory.

Thanks for the opinions.:thumbsup:

buildingblocks
08-10-2009, 12:46 PM
Sorry can't help you they all look really nice but just not big enough for me lol.

I have far too many books I use a normal floor to ceiling bookcase (but I know you said you don't want a big one) but I have four shelves of books and more in storage which I swap over - I just love to buy books

Alibali
08-10-2009, 03:27 PM
Love the second one. My books are taking over the whole house!!

PixiePetal
08-10-2009, 03:46 PM
Sorry can't help you they all look really nice but just not big enough for me lol.

I have far too many books I use a normal floor to ceiling bookcase (but I know you said you don't want a big one) but I have four shelves of books and more in storage which I swap over - I just love to buy books

I have a low bookcase in the playroom so it can't tip over.................and another tall one on the landing, one for me in the bedroom and kids have tall ones too. Oh and there are still books in the loft room to swap in and out as needed.

Think I will have a reshuffle and put away some which are way too old for current 2 yr old mindee for a bit. I bought 5 books this week. One about Diwali, 'Pumpkin soup', and 3 other festival ones while I was on Amazon. :D :blush:

miffy
08-10-2009, 03:54 PM
I like the price of the Argos one but the look of the GLTC one!!!:D

Me, too! :thumbsup:

I would go for the GLTC one :)

Miffy xx

loocyloo
08-10-2009, 04:26 PM
we have the GLTC one at toddlers - had it a couple of years now, it comes in and out of the cupboard every week, and is well 'loved', but still looks good and going strong !!!

x

helenlc
08-10-2009, 04:40 PM

I also have way too many books - I love them!! So do my own kids!!! I cant stop buying them either - especially in the charity shop where they are so cheap!!

I have some in the cupboard under the stairs, some in the bottom of my wardrobe, top of hubby's and in the loft!!:blush:

My oldest mindee at the moment in is just 2, so its mostly board books I have out on low level. I have some in a box in the conservatory on a high shelf that is for story time or for the 2 yr old to look at when the others are in bed.

I think I have one on Diwali somewhere?:idea: