PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me what variations you have had granted ...

Stanfield
07-10-2009, 07:23 PM
Hi,

I have my own two children, 2 and a half years and one of 6months.

I have had a very positive enquiry for a little boy who is 6months old at the moment. Mum is looking to start back to work mid Jan. This would leave me with a maximum of 10 weeks when both my son, and her son will be both under 12months old (as I can only care for my own under 12months at the moment).

Is there possible ground for a variation here?:(

Has anyone been granted, or declined somthing similar?

Lucy.

sarah707
07-10-2009, 08:46 PM
The majority of variations go through on continuity of care.

Could you have the child at times that suit, then when he's settled apply?

We hear they are taking up to 6 weeks to be sorted at the moment as well, so you need to give it plenty of time.

hth :D

Chanelle
07-10-2009, 08:52 PM
I cant really help much but my variation was after only 2 months of being registered and only that my daughter turned 8, so I requested I be able to take 5 children under 8 years old. I also have a son who is 3.

This was granted with veyr little effort, I just sent a letter to them that stated why I need the variation and sent a copy of her birth certifcate in.
This was enough to be accepted.

In your case the over lap is for an extended period of time but not permenant, so I expect they will need you to send details of how you intend to care for the children in your care as well as any other you have. Proof you can manage the 2 babies will be what they are looking for, include ways of keeping them safe, feeding and basic routines would be good to show you have taken it all into account and are planning ahead.

Hope you get your variation :)

Good Luck! :)

HomefromHome
07-10-2009, 08:58 PM
the last post is brill advice and exactly what i was going to write!
i have had a second variation granted this sept for 4 under 5 - the new one 9 months old 2 days a week term time only, with a fulltime 22 month, fulltimeish 2.5 yr old and my soon to 4 yr old dd. i did a timetable of when kids were in on what days and for what lenghth of time. i did a letter and also put in photos showing 4 car seats in my car, buggy board on my double, etc etc:)

Chanelle
07-10-2009, 09:01 PM
the last post is brill advice and exactly what i was going to write!
i have had a second variation granted this sept for 4 under 5 - the new one 9 months old 2 days a week term time only, with a fulltime 22 month, fulltimeish 2.5 yr old and my soon to 4 yr old dd. i did a timetable of when kids were in on what days and for what lenghth of time. i did a letter and also put in photos showing 4 car seats in my car, buggy board on my double, etc etc:)

It's cause we are both Northantonians lmao !! ;)

HomefromHome
07-10-2009, 09:03 PM
Hah!!!! arent you the sef post too??? lol

Chanelle
07-10-2009, 09:05 PM
Hah!!!! arent you the sef post too??? lol

lmao Yep ! I think Northampton is having an influx of Mrs O's at the moment!! lol

Everyone is doing SEF's! lol

Stanfield
07-10-2009, 09:33 PM
Thanks, I suppose I can explain the situation to mum and say I can apply for a variation but because of the wating list, if she finds somthing else I understand.

Being as the other two children in my care are my own, do you suppose that would go in my favour (as obviously I am their mum and know them inside out, so easier than say, three mindees under 3 IYSWIM) as I will only have the one mindee ever anyway (ontop of my two).

I won't loose anything by trying.:)

Angela234
07-10-2009, 09:44 PM
I HAD a variation granted for 2 under 1s i had one just started with me and mum needed a extra day on the day i have my grandson

Mine came through in 2 weeks and was told on the phone i could keep 2 UNDER 1'S on my certificate incase needed in the future

Weather you say lo has started and mum needs more hours/days
Good luck

youarewhatyoueat
07-10-2009, 10:01 PM
I HAD a variation granted for 2 under 1s i had one just started with me and mum needed a extra day on the day i have my grandson

Mine came through in 2 weeks and was told on the phone i could keep 2 UNDER 1'S on my certificate incase needed in the future

Weather you say lo has started and mum needs more hours/days
Good luck

Same as me and the 2 children were from different families, I got a phone call and they wanted to know I had enough equipment for them both plus the other child and my own. Car seats,buggys high chair, sleeping arrangements, that sort of thing.

Chatterbox Childcare
08-10-2009, 07:33 AM
Just apply for 2 under 1's. They don't give it automatically when you first register but do when you ask for it. I don't know of anyone being turned down.

Go for it.