PDA

View Full Version : my first original mindee finished yesterday

gailee
29-02-2008, 07:53 AM
well it was my last day with my first original child that i took on when he was 7 months old!! and now he's 3.5 years old :( he knew something was happening he didn't want to get in the car from pre-school he kept saying not yet!! he sat on my lap most of the afternoon watching night garden so cuddle count got a boost b4 he left! BUT i'll should see him anyway he is my nephew :laughing: i had a little tear when is Dad (my brother) picked him up tho!! he was like a p/t son but he went home at night.
Well hopefully next year i might have him and the baby back depends on spaces ?? :laughing:
thanks gail

LittleMissSparkles
29-02-2008, 07:56 AM
oh Gail at least you will get to see him often with him been family, I loose one of my little girls next monday will be her last day, only had her about 3 months on a monday after school whilst mum was at college but will miss her just the same , will be my first mindee to leave :(

xxx

sarah707
29-02-2008, 08:00 AM
I always find it hard when they leave - even the little tinkers! At least you'll see him again soon though... :D

crazybones
29-02-2008, 08:03 AM
It is sad when they leave but at least you will still see him all the time and when he is 18 can remind him of all the cute things he did. My niece is my original mindee and she is 11 next month. Starts senior school in September and is undecided whether she wants to keep coming after school. Whilst in Woolies last week I was hit from behind around the knees by a hurricane and turned round to find a little one I had minded from 3 months until she was almost 5. She wanted to know when she could come and play. She still comes on the occasional inset day as her mum is a teacher. She asks questions like "When I was your baby did I do .....? " Its really nice.

Annie x

Pauline
29-02-2008, 08:11 AM
It is hard when they leave as you get so attached to them don't you, they are like one of the family.

One of my 'originals' is now 22 :eek: but she keeps in touch and it is lovely to have watched her grow into a beautiful young lady. She says if she had children she will bring them to me! :thumbsup:

miffy
29-02-2008, 08:30 AM
Aaaaaaawww Gail at least you will see him often and soon there'll be a new baby brother or sister too

Miffy xx

Annie_T
29-02-2008, 09:18 AM
aww hun
least you may have him back tooand he your nephew, bless him

yummymummy
29-02-2008, 09:29 AM
Poor you, It is always so sad when they leave, when they've been with us a long time my children get really upset too. At least with him being your nephew you will still see him lots.

Heaven Scent
29-02-2008, 06:53 PM
I found it really sad last time when I gave up I did miss them all but it was only six weeks or so after some of my first lot left so it wasn't too bad and I would still see almost all of them every day. I must say I cried buckets when the first 2 left because they went to live in Scotland where there step dad had got a new job I was even more gutted that when the mum got up there she found out that he had been having an affair and the whole thing fell apart they tried to work it out but it was an absolute disasteter. Mum had nervous breakdown the poor kids were a mess ( and they were two of the most lovely kids you could ever know). They ended up moving to Plymouth where mum had another disasterous affair. but it all worked out for the best as their real dad moved down there and both parents although they lived apart got on again and then some time the maternal grandparents moved to be close by as the Grandma's sister and her family were all there too. I can still say hand on heart I still miss them. I went to visit them in Scotland a few times but have never been to Plymouth.

Celine:( :( :( :(

Monkey1
29-02-2008, 06:57 PM
Oh you will still be in touch babe! I had j since she was 4 till she was 10. She still comes to visit, she is part of the family!

berkschick
29-02-2008, 07:01 PM
M leaves in July and I am already dreading it!

Sandie
29-02-2008, 09:02 PM
My first mindie I had from 4mths until she was three then they moved away as her parents were in the RAF it broke my heart. They send me pictures at Christmas and Birthdays but its not the same as seeing her.