PDA

View Full Version : Leaving an Assistant Unsupervised

OrlandoBelle
07-10-2009, 03:01 PM
I am attempting to fill out the application form to apply for my DH as my assistant and one of the questions is:

Leaving an assistant unsupervised
Before we can allow an assistant to be alone with children for short periods of time, they must first of all have submitted a declaration and consent form (EY2 or CR2) and allowed us to carry out the appropriate suitability checks. Please complete the below questions to provide the information that we require to make a decision.

Please advise if the assistant currently holds a paediatric first aid certificate. There must always be one person who holds a valid, twelve hour course paediatric first aid certificate on the premises at all times.

And then

In what circumstances do you wish the assistant to be left alone, how this is in the best interests of the children and for how long?

My DH doesn't have paediatric first aid yet, but will enrol on a course shortly as he is currently pre-reg.

I am sure I've read on here somewhere that assitants are allowed to collect children from school... or did I imagine it? If I stayed at home with mindees, could my DH collect children from school? That way I would still remain on the premisies with my first aid.

I have searched everywhere and can't find any information. The Ofsted fact sheet is currently being updated and isn't available to view online.:( My common sense says no, he won't be able to as he is not registered and I cannot see the children from where I am at home... BUT I am SURE i've read on here somewhere that assistants can collect from school!

Can anyone help?

tammerisk
07-10-2009, 03:08 PM
i think assisants can only be left alone with mindees or collect form school if they have first aid themself and i think there was comfusion as assistant can have under five collect form school or may be under 8 but can have over it something to do with the early years register and childcare register they are different

Mollymop
07-10-2009, 03:17 PM
I am not sure hun, hope some can help answer soon

OrlandoBelle
07-10-2009, 03:19 PM
I looked on the Ofsted website and it says
Childminders may choose to register if they intend to provide care for children aged from eight up to the age of 18 on domestic premises for two or more hours in any one day, or for a period less than two hours where this includes care immediately before or immediately after school hours.
Does this mean he could collect over 8's from school without registering?

This is so confusing... either that or i'm having a blonde day!

tammerisk
07-10-2009, 04:23 PM
yes he can at the momnet you can care for over 8s with out being register