PDA

View Full Version : svala

cherry pink
07-10-2009, 01:30 PM
afternoon all just wondering if anybody has got or seen the SVALA childrens table and chairs from ikea (approx £25) you can paint or stain them..are they any good ?just wondering before i drive 60 odd miles tonight to get one

pinklady
07-10-2009, 01:58 PM
afternoon all just wondering if anybody has got or seen the SVALA childrens table and chairs from ikea (approx £25) you can paint or stain them..are they any good ?just wondering before i drive 60 odd miles tonight to get one

Yes it's fab! I've had mine about 4 years now and my 8 year old son still uses it but he is small for is age! It's great for meals/snacks and craft times. The only down side is that you only get 2 chairs. I was fortunate that a friend gave me her chairs when she was getting rid of the table.

grindal
07-10-2009, 02:55 PM
I think I have these. My boys think they are great - very grown up. I never got round to staining or painting mine - but the top wipes down really well. Have you tried looking on E bay?

lovemyprams
07-10-2009, 06:01 PM
I have this too:)

Had mine about 3/4 years and they are brilliant and great value for money. I bought the little seat pads to attach though to make it more comfy for the children - but I'm kind like that :blush:

I never painted mine either but the children have made a great job of decorating it with crayon/felt pen marks!:laughing:

primula
07-10-2009, 06:03 PM
they are good value, can you get them delivered?

cherry pink
07-10-2009, 10:05 PM
thanx guys well just got back and yes i bought them and some other bits you know candles/ meatballs and sauce etc just debating on whether to set them up now or tomorrow lol
i so luuurrvvvee ikea

miffy
08-10-2009, 07:06 AM
thanx guys well just got back and yes i bought them and some other bits you know candles/ meatballs and sauce etc just debating on whether to set them up now or tomorrow lol
i so luuurrvvvee ikea

Did you set them up last night? I'd have had to do it straight away - no patience! :laughing:

Miffy xx

cherry pink
08-10-2009, 01:21 PM
hi miffy, yup set em up last night couldnt wait lol and today i;ve just got back from homebase and i've bought this http://www.homebase.co.uk/wcsstore/homebase/images/1622119MMHBOM.jpg hope this link works as i am so carp on the computer lol..............
dont think i've got time to set it up before school run tho