PDA

View Full Version : Parents...honestly!!

pinklady
07-10-2009, 09:22 AM
Sorry this is a rant!:blush:

I bumped into M's Dad coming out of the supermarket and I pointed out in a jokey way that she had already taken her socks off. Well how many babies do you know that keep their socks on :huh: Plus the fact that these sock just don't seem to have any elastic in them.

Anyhoo, her dad says to me 'don't you have any shoes you can put on her?' Um, hello??? No I don't funnily enough as you didn't supply me with any to put on her :angry: I just told him we were getting straight in the car anyway but wish I had said something now :rolleyes:

I feel better for getting that off my chest!

Pipsqueak
07-10-2009, 09:32 AM
Shame on you, fancy not supplying your mindee with shoes:rolleyes:

jellytot
07-10-2009, 10:13 AM
I always think of the things to say after the event...........

The Juggler
07-10-2009, 12:23 PM
:angry: I also had parent turn up on wet day yesterday saying sorry she couldn't find boys coats. She'd brought hoodie jumpers instead. It was raining and I walk to school. Just as well I keep all my kids old pacamacs otherwise what else would they have done! just got wet!!!?

miffy
07-10-2009, 12:27 PM
Anyhoo, her dad says to me 'don't you have any shoes you can put on her?'

That's a new one on me! Never been asked to supply shoes before :rolleyes:

Miffy xx

marian
07-10-2009, 12:34 PM
:angry: I also had parent turn up on wet day yesterday saying sorry she couldn't find boys coats. She'd brought hoodie jumpers instead. It was raining and I walk to school. Just as well I keep all my kids old pacamacs otherwise what else would they have done! just got wet!!!?

Im waiting for the really cold weather - mindees usually turn up with no coats, no hats and gloves and sandals!!

Marian x

Alibali
07-10-2009, 12:36 PM
Do you not all but shoes in every size for boys and girls just incase they are needed? Fancy expecting parents to provide shoes:laughing:

Daftbat
07-10-2009, 12:48 PM
Come on guy's we are just being silly - we have to be ready for everything! Coats, shoes, scarves, hats, gloves. Feed them, keep them safe, dry tears, make them laugh. Marriage guidance, health visitor, school liaison officer................. There are 48 hours in a day right????:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The Juggler
07-10-2009, 04:57 PM
Come on guy's we are just being silly - we have to be ready for everything! Coats, shoes, scarves, hats, gloves. Feed them, keep them safe, dry tears, make them laugh. Marriage guidance, health visitor, school liaison officer................. There are 48 hours in a day right????:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

that makes is sounds easy - that's only half the job isn't it. and don't forget we need to offer a 'buy now pay later' service as well as BOGOF deals for siblings and fill vacancies for the odd afternoon or hour when parents don't feel like bringing their kids and want their money back.:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

little daisies
07-10-2009, 05:26 PM
and theres me thinking we have to do for free:laughing:

cuddlybunny38
07-10-2009, 05:56 PM
I had a 4 year old today turned up just in her school fleece, her 20 mth sibling had her coat though. I normally walk to school its about 20 min but had to drive to pick her up as it was pouring and knew she would get soaked. All she said was daddy was in a rush and she would walk fast so she wouldnt get wet. tis job is made to test us lol.

LittleMissSparkles
07-10-2009, 06:32 PM
i'd have said i can go get her some if you want to give me the money , parents :angry: