PDA

View Full Version : New process for registering an assistant

OrlandoBelle
07-10-2009, 08:54 AM
I have just phoned Ofsted to ask how I go about registering my DH as an assistant so that we can take on more children until he is registered himself.

The guy said there is a new process they have just started doing and has sent me a form via email to complete and return. He said as my DH has already had his CRB check done just under a year ago, I would not need to do anything else.

Here is the form they sent me if it is any use to people wanting to register an assistant.

TO SAVE SPACE THIS ATTACHMENT IS NOW ON THE FREE DOWNLOADS - LINK AT THE TOP OF THE FORUM - Pauline

Does anyone have any advice they could give me about tax, etc. I had heard that I will have to get my DH a wage slip each month, pay his tax, etc. This really confuses me. I still haven't had a tax bill yet, even though I started last November. Should I have had one in April? They have been taking NI contributions from my bank account each month, so they must have recieved the self employment declaration I sent off when I first registered.

Any help would be appreciated. x

tammerisk
07-10-2009, 09:47 AM
make him register as self employed then you can pay him what you like that is what i doing with my mum no minimume waga and national insurece for me

Chatterbox Childcare
07-10-2009, 12:22 PM
Don't pay him and then no paperwork apart from recording his hours.

Madminder
07-10-2009, 12:22 PM
I agree that when he is registered he should become self-employed - much easier.

But paying him for being an assistant? OMG, don't let my DP hear that - he does it for nothing!

OrlandoBelle
07-10-2009, 12:29 PM
Don't pay him and then no paperwork apart from recording his hours.

But then he wouldn't have any earnings would he and no pension or anything.

I plan on taking on more children and he will get paid their fees if that makes sense. He hates his current job and wants to get out of there asap, so registering as an assistant until he is fully registered. He will still need a regular income. We've both got bills to pay.

tammerisk
07-10-2009, 03:16 PM
he will still only get pention if he pays the volentry ni i think i would speck to inland revenue but if oyu choose to pay him a wage as you inploy him them it will have to be minimum wage for all the hours he works or more wich is a lot more complicated for both of you