PDA

View Full Version : nappys

little daisies
07-10-2009, 08:16 AM
hi, i was just wundering what everyone does with dirty nappy`s, ive been on to the council to see if they do a special bin or something which they don`t, i was told to put them straight in my bin. but with 4 children in nappys i can have up to 12 nappy changes a day, my bins stink even when they are wrapped. by the end of the week my bins full without my rubbish in them

what do you lot do?

estrelas
07-10-2009, 08:25 AM
I put them straight in an out side bin,
I Put them in a carrier bag after nappy sack and when i get a min I stick them outside, would never put them in kitchen bin x

cabby
07-10-2009, 09:32 AM
i put them in nappy sacks, then in the outside bin! i got in touch with the council about 2 years ago and asked them for a bigger bin they said we couldnt have one as there are only 4 of us living in the house, once i explained i was a childminder with 3 full time children all in nappys( i could easily put 10-12 nappys in the bin every day) and a number of part timers here through the day they agreed to let me have one:clapping:
maybe i was just lucky!

grindal
07-10-2009, 10:08 AM
I quite often take a carrier bag full of nappies on the playgroup run and drop off in a bin on the high street. Is that naughty of me :blush: ?

Helen79
07-10-2009, 10:52 AM
I put them in a nappy sack & pop in a bin in the toilet & empty it at the end of the day.
I have another bin in the toilet for cloth nappies too.
I'm in a 1st floor flat so can't keep running down the stairs everytime I change a nappy.

The Juggler
07-10-2009, 12:21 PM
I nappy sack them and put them straight outside the front door. not nice for visitors but nicer smell in the house. I stick them all in the outside bin later on when I get a moment.

I looked into a portable incinerator as there was big fuss about environmetal impact but unless someone in council is prepared to offer me a cheap one I'm still using landfill!

cuffleygirl
07-10-2009, 01:28 PM
I use a nappy sack and then a carrier bag I rang the council and asked for an extra black bin (they told me it was brown PC its definitely black) but in my area they travel in pairs I could only have an extra black/brown bin if I have an extra green bin!

The upside is I don't have to squash my boxes anymore

little daisies
07-10-2009, 05:18 PM
i put them in the outside bin but you can still them when you go near them, i think the council should be doing something for the disposable nappy as they take soooo long to decompose

mushpea
07-10-2009, 06:26 PM
i rang our concil who would supply me with a bigger bin but i would have to pay for it cause i was running a buisness:angry:

Rubybubbles
07-10-2009, 06:58 PM
I always double wrap dirty nappies:laughing:

I also have 2 black bins:thumbsup: so never an issue if one get full! Never really need the second one

janminder
07-10-2009, 07:09 PM
Nappy sack and outside bin as soon as possible.

Saranotts
07-10-2009, 08:20 PM
I know that one of the minders in our village sends all dirty nappies home with the child for the parents to dispose of. I personally just put them in my bin but might also consider doing this if I was having a lot of little ones.

Sara

Daisy1956
07-10-2009, 09:12 PM
I double wrap in nappy sacks and put outside back door until I can put them in outside bin. Bin sometimes heavy waiting for them to refuse to empty it don't know what I'll do then

bec123
09-10-2009, 09:42 AM
I put nappies in a nappy sack then chuck them straight in black bin outside. When I approached our council about having another bin they turned round and told me that it was commercial rubbish (working as a childminder and the nappys were from the children I childmind!) and i would have to pay to have them removed!!!:angry:

little chickee
09-10-2009, 09:52 AM
not sure if this is environmentally friendly but in the winter i chuck mine in the woodburner. they burn away nicely and do not give off a smell even if poopy.

singlewiththree
09-10-2009, 01:38 PM
I use a nappy sack and then a carrier bag I rang the council and asked for an extra black bin (they told me it was brown PC its definitely black) but in my area they travel in pairs I could only have an extra black/brown bin if I have an extra green bin!

The upside is I don't have to squash my boxes anymore

I have extra recycling bins because my neighbour didn't want them :) I have two for paper/cardboard and 2 for glass and plastic it's great.

My old childminder used to take the nappies and put them in a public bin as she passed as we are only allowed one rubbish binbag here. I only have 1 mindee at the moment so tend to just put them in with my rubbish.

~Chelle~
09-10-2009, 03:16 PM
I know that one of the minders in our village sends all dirty nappies home with the child for the parents to dispose of. I personally just put them in my bin but might also consider doing this if I was having a lot of little ones.

Sara

Ewwww I know what my mums would say if I did that :angry:

Who would want to take a stinking nappy home in their car??:eek:

I agree that the council should provide a service for nappies and sanitary items to be incinerated. Would save them a fortune when drains get blocked because of people flushing items down the loo. It would also be a better way of getting rid of them instead of them taking ages to decompose on a waste site.:idea: