PDA

View Full Version : Changing Times/Days - Advice Please

cuffleygirl
07-10-2009, 06:48 AM
Hi

A Mum wants to change her before/after school 5 days a week (this is shift supposed to be 730-430 or after school till 630 but is not good at sticking to her times) to 3 long days 730-630 experience tells me this will end up being 715-700pm. Mum reckons that she will do Mon-Wed one week and Wed-Fri the next and doesn't have to pay a retainer as I will be able to offer Mon-Tue one week followed by Thu-Fri the next!!!!!!!! Is she mad?

Advice on how to justify what I know is right would be greatly appreciated

LisaMcNally09
07-10-2009, 07:34 AM
I dont understand why she thinks she doesnt need to pay a retainer??

If your working different days each week (yes the sane 2 on a two week rota) then you would only be able to fill the space if you found someone on opposite shifts to her. Which is highly unlikely. So I would say she has to pay a retainer??

And if shes constatly picking up late id send her an invoice with the extra on.....bet that would stop her!:D

The Juggler
07-10-2009, 12:32 PM
because unless you magically manage to fill the vacancy with another mum on flexi shifts who miraculously manages to always have the same shift changes as her, even though she works in a different company probably doing a different job - it's never going to happen.

Seriously though!!!:eek: Tell her there is no way you would be able to find a parent who would fit in with these change of shift. Tell her if it was fixed, you could fill it with another part-timer but it is highly unlikely that this part-timer would have shift changes to fit hers. Tell her, you will only offer the days flexibly if she accepts the retainer but IF YOU manage to find someone who has the exact opposite shifts, you will release her from the retainer fee and reduce her weekly fee accordingly.:thumbsup:

LOL