PDA

View Full Version : Grading Ourselves for the SEF ??

Chanelle
06-10-2009, 10:15 PM
I am currently doing my sef for my inspection next week.

The part I am not sure on is the grading?

If I choose good, will this reflect on my actual grade that I get?

I remeber someone saying that if you grade yourself satifactory or good that You can not get a grade higher than what you self grade ?

Can someone clarify this ?

As of course we all want to be Outstanding like Sarah! :D :laughing:

ORKSIE
06-10-2009, 10:18 PM
No I dont believe it does reflect what the inspector wil think.
So grade yourself how you think yopu are doing and be honest/ dont over estimate or under estimate ... just say how you think you are doing. HTH

sarah707
07-10-2009, 06:45 AM
Try to be honest about yourself and how you feel you are working.

If the inspector disagrees with you she will tell you why.

I graded myself a mixture of good and outstanding and believe I was lucky on the day :D

Chanelle
07-10-2009, 03:15 PM
Thank you for replying :)

I have graded myself a mixture also. Was a little unsure, no one wants to be a big head lol .... I graded myself higher on the areas I have more knowledge of, ie EYFS, as I have been working with it since March last year and have don e training on this.

Whereas areas I know I need to improve on re resources satisfactory / good.

Lets just wait and see what Mrs O says :)

I know it is pretty sad but Im quite l;ooking forward to the inspection if that is at all possible!! But then I am crazy you know lmao

Mollymop
07-10-2009, 04:06 PM
I graded myself a mixture of good and outstanding and believe I was lucky on the day :D

LUCKY????:rolleyes:

More like Outstanding on the day, there is no way you got your grade on luck, young lady:p !!!!

Star
07-10-2009, 06:13 PM
Hi, I too did the same as Sarah and got Outstanding in all areas. The advice posted has been good, the inspectors have to grade on their findings not on how we ourselves think we have done. It does help them to understand us though and although I found it the hardest part of the SEF, I think it is a good idea for them to ask us to ask us where we think we are.

Hope that makes sense!!

Star :blush:

Chanelle
07-10-2009, 06:18 PM
It totally makes sense, I suppose grading ourself 'good' shows we know that area needs improvement.

We dont need to explain why we grade ourselves do we?

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
07-10-2009, 06:26 PM
i wasa told that if we dont think we are outstanding then how are they meant to, blow your own trumpet girl!

Chanelle
07-10-2009, 06:34 PM
i wasa told that if we dont think we are outstanding then how are they meant to, blow your own trumpet girl!

This is what I mean! So many different inspectors have such different ways of doing things! That is why we worry! lol

miffy
07-10-2009, 07:14 PM
I know it is pretty sad but Im quite l;ooking forward to the inspection if that is at all possible!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Miffy xx

Winnie
07-10-2009, 07:20 PM
I gave myself OS in all the boxes, i did tell the inspector i thought i could make much more progress in one area and that i had considered putting good for that but decided the effort i was putting was more than good - sound really up myself :blush: now, but thats how i felt. I think as long as you identify areas of improvement then you can justify being OS if you think you are OS...if that makes sense :)

Chanelle
13-10-2009, 07:16 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Miffy xx

lmao! I only just saw this lol