PDA

View Full Version : Just when i thought we were as full as we want to be!

TheBTeam
06-10-2009, 09:24 PM
I had a knock at my door just before Holby was due to start, so wanted to deal with it quickly it was an ex neighbour of mine, whose mil lives next door to me wanting to know if i can collect her daughter from school and bring her back keep her for 1/2 an hour and then give her to her nan next door, this has come about because she needs to move the girls school and it is not close to her home, she has had to urgently pull her from the school she is in!

So i have said that if she accepts the place at the school where my two go i will do it, no idea what to charge, so have another headache to think about this.

We are full as we want to be until christmas at the moment but i thought that i ought to say yes, least it isn't for long, but thinking i should charge my standard rate of an hour, because it isn't worth the grief of another child otherwise!!

Guess beggars can't be choosers and for now i have to be happy that we are not short of business, cos it seems to go up and down like a see-saw!1

ajs
06-10-2009, 09:37 PM
i would charge for the full hour if not more maybe a minimum price of £5 an afternoon.
not a lot for the peace of mind that her daughter has been collected and passed over to grandma

Demonjill
06-10-2009, 10:22 PM
Was Holby on tonight? we dont normally get it til a wed or thur? lol

Sorry bout butting in lol:blush:

uf353432
06-10-2009, 10:26 PM
I charge a min of 2 hours regardless.

little daisies
07-10-2009, 05:36 AM
i charge a min of 2 hours for a school run as they are takin up a space.

miffy
07-10-2009, 06:38 AM
I charge a min of 2 hours regardless.

Me too!

Miffy xx

The Juggler
07-10-2009, 06:48 AM
If you weren't looking for any more children and she isn't with you for long could you meet in the middle and say charge for 3/4 hour? I've just done this for 2 boys. Wasn't looking for after school so just charging for 3 1/2 hours they are here instead of the normal 4.

However, suppose you could look at this as being busier than you actually want to be so it's worth charging a premium?

TheBTeam
07-10-2009, 09:06 AM
Was Holby on tonight? we dont normally get it til a wed or thur? lol

Sorry bout butting in lol:blush:

Oh yes, I look forward to Tuesday at 8pm, how sad is that, my friends know not to call me for that hour, the kids are told to shush, (doesn't usually work though!) and i dont move!

The Juggler
07-10-2009, 12:24 PM
Oh yes, I look forward to Tuesday at 8pm, how sad is that, my friends know not to call me for that hour, the kids are told to shush, (doesn't usually work though!) and i dont move!

me too but now my ds doesn't finish cubs until 8.15 so never get to see the beginning.

brightstar
07-10-2009, 12:51 PM
I charge from the time I leave home for the school run. After all thats when my work for that child starts.