PDA

View Full Version : whose right

sarahlou
06-10-2009, 09:11 PM
I have just been to a meeting and was listening to two childminders talking about assistants. One was saying that the assistants dont have to be first aid trained and the other said they did and if ofsted came round would mark u as unsatisfactory due to safe guarding. Think i know whose right but just wanted to clarify:)

wendywu
06-10-2009, 09:15 PM
I think they have to be first aid trained if they are left alone with the children.

If you as the CM are there all the time then i dont think that they have to be first aid trained.

TheBTeam
06-10-2009, 09:18 PM
When my dh was my assistant he was waiting for his first aid course when i had my inspection and the ofsted inspector didn't actually mark me down for it, but did put a comment in the blurb that the safety of the children could potentially be compromised as the assistant did not have first aid training.

So it seems that whilst it may not be compulsory it is probably a good idea to get it done, we were planning it, just waiting for it to happen!

Pipsqueak
06-10-2009, 09:26 PM
Its not compulsory (yet) but would be considered best practice

mum2two
07-10-2009, 04:01 AM
As far as I know it's not compulsary. But, I think any wording on reports etc is down to the individual inspector.

When DH had his first inspection, you couldn't get on a first aid until you were registered, so he hadn't completed it. The inspector wasn't worried, as I had done one, so said she wasn't even going to put it anywhere/mark him down. He even got outstanding for Safety!!! Had it been another one, might not have been the same... :rolleyes:

xx