PDA

View Full Version : child not at school for pick up

Blackhorse
06-10-2009, 03:00 PM
I was due to pick up s from school she is 8.
she wasnt there today

mum is unreliable and probably forgot.
it was mum's college that phoned me on thursday last week and asked me to have s on tuesday this week.
so who knows

I tried all the numbers I have for mum and no replies.
the school has left a message for her too

she usually gets picked up by mum at 4 so now...but not here either...
so probably mum just didnt tell me she didnt need me

BUT
Is there something else I should do?
If mum doesnt come here to pick her up should I stop worrying???

what do I do? I am really stressed out about this

PixiePetal
06-10-2009, 03:04 PM
I would ring mum again and keep at it till I get a reply for starters.

Was she absent from school today then or just not around to be picked up, someone must have let the school know if she was not in?

Hope you hear from her, can't think of what else to do :panic:

Blackhorse
06-10-2009, 03:08 PM
the school didnt say whether she was at school or not.
just phoned them again and they havent heard from mum either.
they said nobody was looking for her until I turned up

I am actually sure that mum just never told me but there is still that bit of doubt as I dont know so cannot just ignore it.

will keep trying to phone but the mobile is switched off and the house phone just rings out!!

Winnie
06-10-2009, 03:10 PM
Keep phoning, sounds like everything is ok if mum didnt turn up at yours but you need to know. I would write an incident report too and get mum to sign when you next see her, impress upon her she must keep you informed.

angeldelight
06-10-2009, 03:14 PM
Well sounds like mom forgot to tell you

But ........ I think the school should first be telling you if the child was at school or not - do they not have a school register for goodness sake
They should have checked this first at least then it would have made your job easier knowing if she was there or not - so you knew what action to take next

I would leave a message on the parents phone but it does sound like the child was not in school and the parent forgot to tell you

Calm down and do not panic

Angel xx

Blackhorse
06-10-2009, 03:14 PM
OK
found s

she was at home with mum
mum was told by the college that they cancelled for today after mum said she wasnt going to be at college
but the college never phoned me

or mum just blames the college and forgot herself

well at least s is safe!!

but I will do an incident report for her to sign anyways as this is not acceptable from college or her.
I will speak to the college as well to find out their side of the story

thanks for your quick replies!!

angeldelight
06-10-2009, 03:15 PM
Thank goodness for that

You can relax now

Angel xx

Blackhorse
06-10-2009, 03:18 PM
I know I am just soo relieved (sp?)...

but still annoyed that they wouldnt even tell me...

Zoomie
06-10-2009, 03:44 PM
I know I am just soo relieved (sp?)...

but still annoyed that they wouldnt even tell me...

I'm afraid you are just the childminder .... !

Bitsy Beans
06-10-2009, 05:25 PM
I am confused......why should the college be ringing you as to whether your services are required? Shouldn't that be the parents responsibility???!
Glad mindee is safe though.......

miffy
06-10-2009, 05:30 PM
I'm glad you got it sorted but I think school should have told you whether the child had been in school that day or not.

It's one thing if she hasn't been in and parents have simply forgotten to tell you (annoying, yes but no harm done) but much more serious if she had been at school and you were expecting to collect her and she couldn't be found.

Miffy xx

Alibali
06-10-2009, 05:32 PM
How worrying for you, glad it's worked out ok.

Blackhorse
06-10-2009, 08:53 PM
I am confused......why should the college be ringing you as to whether your services are required? Shouldn't that be the parents responsibility???!
Glad mindee is safe though.......

college is arranging and paying for the childcare....mum wasnt that much involved with it all to begin with. Seems to be just the way that college is working....it was also the college that picked me for childcare not the mum ...although mum was happy to go ahead with it..
so far it has always been them who told me when they need me and they also deal with the payments etc....so I never thought anything off it when they phoned....

little daisies
07-10-2009, 05:31 AM
make sure you invoice them a you where booked for that day. its only fair that you are paid for your services and all the stres you`ve had

mabel
07-10-2009, 03:35 PM
I would invoice her the full amount, I am sure she will then remember to tell you next time !