PDA

View Full Version : notice for changing payment

Helen79
06-10-2009, 11:38 AM
At the moment I get paid weekly by parents by would prefer to be paid monthly in advance.

Do I need to give 4 weeks notice to ask for a change in payment date? my contact states 4 weeks notice for any changes in contract but doesn't mention this

~Chelle~
06-10-2009, 12:48 PM
I personally think that i t is hard to change fees in this way.

I don't think that you can just give the parents notice and that they will then automatically start paying you in advance. Some parents get paid at different times of the month or weekly so may be unable to pay monthly in advance.

I would speak with the parents first to see if it is feesible for them to be able to pay you in advance.

The Juggler
06-10-2009, 01:24 PM
I agree with Chelle but check. If they also get paid monthly then they might be happy. If they are on weekly pay, it would be difficult for them.

LOL

Helen79
06-10-2009, 04:17 PM
They get paid monthly so hopefully it'll be ok. I'll email mum & see what she says.

miffy
06-10-2009, 05:46 PM
Do I need to give 4 weeks notice to ask for a change in payment date? my contact states 4 weeks notice for any changes in contract but doesn't mention this

I think you do need to give 4 weeks notice if your contract says you are to be paid weekly atm.

Hope you get it sorted

Miffy xx