PDA

View Full Version : The firemen are coming.....

tinytigers
28-02-2008, 08:53 PM
to my house tomorrow to do a free fire safety check. :jump for joy: :jump for joy: :jump for joy:

Has anyone else had one? I can't wait...

Lou
28-02-2008, 08:54 PM
oooh lovely, make sure you take lots of piccies for us to see xx

angeldelight
28-02-2008, 08:55 PM
I know a few of the members have yes

I am jealous

Make sure you take some pics to show us ha

Have fun

Angel xx

Lou
28-02-2008, 08:56 PM
I took mine for a visit to the fire station last summer, it was great and i even got to hold his hose ;) ;)

angeldelight
28-02-2008, 08:58 PM
Yes Lou you told us ha

What are you like

xxx

cherry
28-02-2008, 08:59 PM
Oh my children would love that, let us know how it goes. Would love to see any photo's.

miffy
28-02-2008, 09:01 PM
I agree take lots of photos

Miffy xx

sarah707
28-02-2008, 09:49 PM
I had one a while ago - they were really nice and asked me lots of questions like do I turn off my washer and tumble drier at the plug every night and do I have detectors on every floor...

Scared me witless with stories about fluff filters on tumble driers causing fires! :eek:

smartypants
28-02-2008, 09:52 PM
:eek: Ooooo yummy what more can i say Lol....

have fun and i hope the kids enjoy it to ha ha

Annie_T
29-02-2008, 09:22 AM
ooohh get you hun hehe

firemen dont do much for me but that coz i have few mates who are them and ive seen them in training etc...

hope you all have fun

LittleMissSparkles
29-02-2008, 09:24 AM
enjoy :D xxx

Mags
29-02-2008, 10:27 AM
I had them come last year, they were really nice. Mmmmmmm hehe

Heaven Scent
29-02-2008, 11:16 AM
Hey if the firemen do it for you then cry off sick on day of visit so no children are around and have the bed nicely made with bed clothes nicely turned back so you can take advantage of the situation like give the wink to the cutest one and arrange for him to pop back later......just dreaming. My husband was away when they did my visit and I wasn't minding then so I told him thats what I'd done he just laughed at me he thinks he knows there's not a chance I live in hope that someone would be despirate enough!!!!!!!!!! Been with my husband for 20 years now so he's too cock sure of himself so every now and again I like to keep him on his toes. He blurts on about Kylie and Jordan from time to time and oogles at attractive THIN young ones when he can see them so I have started to give it back now and he doesn't like it. I make sure he sees my eyes follow young fellas when we are out and then play dumb just like he does say 'what what what are you on about - I wasn't looking at anyone'. The trouble is I'm only doing it as a joke to wind him up and he's still oblivious to how obvious he is. He is now 49 and like me he is very overweight.

Anyway back to the firemen mine were really helpful and although we have smoke and carbondioxide detectors all over the house 6 in all they fitted another 6 or 7 on my landing and in my attic they said that my house had a very unusual layout and that it was a great candidate for a fire ball to spread quickly. It scared me I'll tell you - I used to use the attic as my childrens playroom (it was a teenagers bedroom before we bought the house) but I won't let them take their friends up there now so its just become brilliant storage.

Celine

tinytigers
29-02-2008, 12:10 PM
They are late :( :(

Knowing my luck they have had an emergency to go to and will cancel.

angeldelight
29-02-2008, 04:36 PM
Did they turn up

Angel xx

crazybones
29-02-2008, 05:25 PM
:laughing: And were they hunky or 93 years old like mine.

Annie x

tinytigers
01-03-2008, 01:53 PM
Hi

They did turn up but werent hunky :(

They were very good though, got 2 smoke detectors put up and 2 energy saving lightbulbs.

They said that my house was as safe as anyones could be really so that was good.

Jane

deeb66
01-03-2008, 01:56 PM
Hi

They did turn up but werent hunky :(

They were very good though, got 2 smoke detectors put up and 2 energy saving lightbulbs.

They said that my house was as safe as anyones could be really so that was good.

Jane

Shame they weren't hunky but at least you got something out of the visit :thumbsup:

Mollymop
01-03-2008, 03:51 PM
I would be too scared to have them come round mine as I would hate the idea that they might think i fancy them or something! I would feel totally embarassed!

Annie_T
01-03-2008, 06:05 PM
thats good then hun, i got some smoke alarms already - fitted by firemen as there was a flat over path on fire last year an they came out in force with smoke alarms lol

sorry they were not hunky

Mollymop
01-03-2008, 08:05 PM
I may be lucky to get Fire women , as there are a few round here and then I won't be paranoid about them thinking i fancy them hheeh! Or they may be fat old men?:laughing: