PDA

View Full Version : contacting the council? and other authorities!

Hanabana
06-10-2009, 11:17 AM
i never knew how easily confused i get until i started all this!
a few questions that need some light please, really sorry its long;

I am finally registered and now tying up the lose ends i have a big note scribbled in a notepad i used whilst at my briefing session which says notify council, only problem is i didn't put down why! sorry it sounds stupid!:blush:

next i am registered on DHC course 2- 5 to begin at the end of october and i was told by NCMA i needed my EECU subscription. i have rung EECU and apparently they wait for my details to come from OFSTED and they don't have them yet, so i don't know how long i am supposed to wait.

Then also in my notes it tells me to contact CIS as soon as i can to register details but does this form come from EECU too.

also would you wait for your toolkit to come from NCMA or what did you do about contracts etc so you could get started?

and my very last question. I have received all my login etc today for my self evaluation, when should i start looking at filling that in considering i have no mindees yet?

if you understood all that then thankyou!

sarah707
06-10-2009, 05:46 PM
i never knew how easily confused i get until i started all this!
a few questions that need some light please, really sorry its long;

I am finally registered

Congratulations!

and now tying up the lose ends i have a big note scribbled in a notepad i used whilst at my briefing session which says notify council, only problem is i didn't put down why! sorry it sounds stupid!:blush:

I imagine it's to register as a food business

next i am registered on DHC course 2- 5 to begin at the end of october and i was told by NCMA i needed my EECU subscription. i have rung EECU and apparently they wait for my details to come from OFSTED and they don't have them yet, so i don't know how long i am supposed to wait.

Until the details come through... shouldn't take long, I think Ofsted do monthly updates

Then also in my notes it tells me to contact CIS as soon as i can to register details but does this form come from EECU too.

No idea sorry depends on how your local area organises things - I'd give them a ring and check.

Your DO might bring the forms out for you... they do round here

also would you wait for your toolkit to come from NCMA or what did you do about contracts etc so you could get started?

You should have proper contracts or you are not insured.

You could always borrow one if you know a local minder with some if it's urgent

and my very last question. I have received all my login etc today for my self evaluation, when should i start looking at filling that in considering i have no mindees yet?

you can do the first couple of questions without chidlren... do the rest as you go along... no rush but try to get something done for before your first inspection for each section.

Do it on your computer first, then you can save your work and back it up.

if you understood all that then thankyou!

Hope that helps :D