PDA

View Full Version : Minding a problem 12 year old?

singlewiththree
06-10-2009, 11:02 AM
I've had an email enquiry from someone who wants childcare just for 3hrs a week, the 12 year old boy will be delivered by taxi to my house but the doubt is they go to the local "naughty boys school" don't know the correct term, everyone around here refers to it as that. Its a high school for excluded children, my mum worked in the kitchens once and she said some of the children were lovely and kept themselves to themselves others would kick off and throw food/trays etc and they would have to shut the shutters to protect themselves.

Now I know nothing about this child,is or why he is there but I will also have the following children that day
mindee 7mths girl
My own 3yr girl
my own 4yr girl
mindee 4yr boy (shy)
my own 8yr girl

Would you ask for further clarification on the nature of the child and meet them or do you think its a definate nono?

LOOPYLISA
06-10-2009, 11:31 AM
I think i would defanatly want to know a little more about the boy :thumbsup:

My stepson is a 'naughty boy' and tbh we have had problems with him over the years when around others that just my opinion though :thumbsup:

little chickee
06-10-2009, 11:42 AM
Honest opinion? for just 3 hours work when you have all the others on that day i would not even consider it - i would say that i didn't have a space.

singlewiththree
06-10-2009, 11:46 AM
Thanks

I've emailed him back as I remembered I'm out until 3.30 anyway with the school run and suggested as his son is in a taxi why doesn't he use a nanny as that way his son can stay at home rather than having to go to someone elses house :)