PDA

View Full Version : i can't believe it!

gegele
06-10-2009, 06:54 AM
yesterday i received a phone call which I thought was my husband being impatient as i was due to call him back so i answered " YES!!"

it was ofsted telling me that her collegue was due to come to see me tomorrow (today!!):eek: :eek: :eek: I beg your pardon???
she said it was in the diary of this inspector but she had an accident so they're trying to cover her work! my first inspection and they were going to do a sneaky on me which would be really bad as i'm not ready!!!:mad:

:( are they allowed to do this? i thought they were to give us at least 3days notice??

not happy ! have been told someone will be in contact soon....i'm not home!!! LOL

helenlc
06-10-2009, 07:00 AM
I am not sure if they have to give a certain amount of notice. Mine gave me a week but my friend had 3 days notice.

Other people on here have been called the day before though I think.

Good luck:thumbsup:

sarah707
06-10-2009, 07:01 AM
They can come without any notice at all, especially if they are responding to a complaint.

They have a right to arrive any time of any day...

I always advise people to work every day as if they might walk in :D

youarewhatyoueat
06-10-2009, 07:20 AM
They can come without any notice at all, especially if they are responding to a complaint.

Good advice, I use it as motivation to keep on top of jobs or to catch up if I've got behind. We should be working as though we are due an inspection everyday not just once every 3 years!!!!

estrelas
06-10-2009, 08:23 AM

I might sound nuts but i'd rather mine just walk in without notice, first because then i wouldn't wind myself up whilst waiting, second as I have only been minding 6 months I'd like them to see how i work, and if it is right. I don't want the opportunity to change things or make a special effort.
I think we should all be inspected like that
(nuts aren't I):laughing:

Blaze
06-10-2009, 08:26 AM

Nothing to add!:thumbsup:

Rubybubbles
06-10-2009, 08:27 AM
good luck for today

I got he call late on a thursday around 3pm and she was here 9:30am the next day:eek: (this was Nov 08, last inspected Dec 05)

Butas sarah said, we should always work as if they will be coming out at anytime (says me who still hasn't done her SEF:laughing: )

mandy moo
06-10-2009, 08:55 AM
I might sound nuts but i'd rather mine just walk in without notice, first because then i wouldn't wind myself up whilst waiting, second as I have only been minding 6 months I'd like them to see how i work, and if it is right. I don't want the opportunity to change things or make a special effort.
I think we should all be inspected like that
(nuts aren't I):laughing:

Nope, not muts, quite agree with you..
I only had a days notice too, for my grading inspection.:eek:

chels55
06-10-2009, 09:09 AM
Here in Wales we don't get a date we only know that the inspector will turn up within 12 weeks of receving the self assesment back.
Best of luck

LisaH
06-10-2009, 09:10 AM
Mine came the day after she called too, however I knew she would be coming because she tried to get me in August and I put her off!!!:laughing:

jeanybeany
06-10-2009, 09:19 AM
For my last inspection (first as a childminder). They rang in the morning and were on my doorstep half an hour later!:) I got a good grade which I was pleased with as I was so not ready for them :laughing:

Good luck!

mabel
06-10-2009, 09:42 AM
I had one turn up in the summer hols just before dinner, house was complete nightmare, baby screaming for its dinner, I wish they could give notice, because they gave no thought to 6 children whining for the lunch and making them wait an hour and us missing our afternoon summer holiday club !

they left me with some unhappy, miserable, hungry children !

TheBTeam
06-10-2009, 12:12 PM
I had mine the day after they phoned, although they did say anytime in the next three days, personally my paperwork is always near enough up to date that i don't have any rush jobs to do, I will occasionally have a couple of obs printed with pictures but no handwriting on them, to link, but if they have a problem with that then so be it! I will sometimes have notes in a diary waiting to add, sometimes i will have it in my head to add!

I prefer not to have too much notice, and don't do anything special or have a mountain of paperwork to get on top of, but then i used to do an admin based job, so i am used to paperwork, and sometimes quite enjoy it!

As for activities and toys well i carry on as normal! The only difference is when the kids were sleeping i probably wouldn't put the forum on as i do now!

gegele
06-10-2009, 11:28 PM
oh I agree for the next one i would rather have them turning up but for my first one, I just started minding less than 6weeks, having a new one evry 2 weeks, we're just getting in a sort of routine, with an assessment done in my head, most of the planning comes out of a conversation with kids but as i still have 2 jobs and just reduce hours i must admit that my paperwork has been left to rot.... so LOTS of typing to do.