PDA

View Full Version : have i done everything

nic76
05-10-2009, 08:24 PM
i have started my journel for c and have put a photo in and wrote alittle about what he had done and then underneath i put the eyfs developments etc the next steps.

is that enough?? do i need i can do statements ??? do i need a routine daily list?????

is there anything i have missed out????

Tatjana
05-10-2009, 09:00 PM
I've put an 'All about me' sheet on the first page, which states likes, can do etc.

xx

nic76
05-10-2009, 09:07 PM
i have all about me in the daily diary folder that the parents take home.should i move it to the journal

moogster1a
06-10-2009, 07:35 AM
That's way too much. Store all the details mentally, and refuse to pander to this paperwork obsessed rubbish. we're here to keep small children happy and safe, ot write reports on them

nic76
06-10-2009, 02:51 PM
That's way too much. Store all the details mentally, and refuse to pander to this paperwork obsessed rubbish. we're here to keep small children happy and safe, ot write reports on them

if only it was that simple. i would love just to do a daily diary and nothing else. BUT its the law and we have to do it. i really dont think we should as we defo dont get paid enough to do paperwork.

we can teach children without doing obs etc.

i dont do them on my own boys and they have turned out ok

LisaMcNally09
06-10-2009, 04:52 PM

I must say i am totally pro EYFS. Since starting, the obs have really helped me plan what to do with my mindees and what direction they need to go in.

I find myself thinking more about things than i normally would!

Everyones entitled to their own opinion but i for one would do it even if it wasnt compulsory!!!

angeldelight
06-10-2009, 06:03 PM

How on earth do you manage to remember things mentally ?

I sometimes forget what I did yesterday never mind what the kids did ha ha :laughing: :laughing: I find it a great help that I now have to write it down

Can I ask why you think the paperwork is " Obsessed Rubbish "? Do you not enjoy paper work?

Doing paper work does not mean that I am not keeping the children happy and safe - more so now I think with the paper work that I do its made me much more aware of lots of things that I maybe would not have noticed before

Angel xx