PDA

View Full Version : Portfolios

mum26
05-10-2009, 05:52 PM
Hi, need some opinions.
Unfortunately, I am likely to lose 2 of the 3 under 5s that I care for from early next year (moving). I am therefore looking at the file that I show to parents, which is quite out of date!
I am undecided as to what to do. At the present time everything is contained in 1 file - about my setting, policies, certificates, insurance etc and is quite hefty. I think this may be a bit off-putting to parents and am wondering whether to split it up somehow.
Just interested to see what others do.
Thanks

Tatjana
05-10-2009, 05:59 PM
I only have 11 policies so they fit in with my other bits in a 20 page folder.

By insurance, do you mean Public Liability ins? I thought we had to have this displayed like we do the Ofsted reg' certificate.

mum26
06-10-2009, 05:19 AM
Yes I do - I thought it was ok in my file - whoops better put it on display then.

sarah707
06-10-2009, 06:54 AM
By insurance, do you mean Public Liability ins? I thought we had to have this displayed like we do the Ofsted reg' certificate.

The original copy of the Eyfs said it had to be on display.

The May 2008 updated version now says the only thing we have to display is our registration certificate from Ofsted.

Mine's up though, it dangles off the parents notice board :D

singingcactus
06-10-2009, 07:05 AM
My parent folder is just one folder. It doesn't seem too hefty, a little bit maybe but not unduly so lol. I know if I split mine up though I would forget to show the parents something. I also don't know if maybe it would be worse to be faced with 3-4 separate folders rather than just one segmented one.