PDA

View Full Version : cssiw

chewy sweets
05-10-2009, 02:48 PM
How do i go about applying for a variation with them? Possibly need to get a variation to increase to 4 under 5's. Only if they overlap as my full time mindee starts school soon but mum still wants me to have him before and after school!

Polly2
05-10-2009, 03:07 PM
I just rang my local office and asked my inspector or whoever was at their desk at the time and they sent out the forms to fill in.

I got one for overlapping periods too and it was no problem.

aly
05-10-2009, 03:31 PM
I rang mine i as they messed mine up...as Polly says you can ring htem for a form or send a letter in explaining everything.

x

tulip0803
05-10-2009, 03:40 PM
Is it all day school or part-time? If it is morning & afternoon all week then he will be classed as a 5 year old. If it is Meithrin then he won't IYSWIM:D . If it meithrin Then I charge for the morning while they are there as they are paying for a childcare place not for my time.

We have been told that CSSIW will only give variations for continuity of care (ones that you already look after/or new siblings) not for financial gain (new ones).

chewy sweets
05-10-2009, 04:53 PM
yes he's going to be attending full time nursery school. Will have to give cssiw a ring. Does this mean they'll have to come out and inspect me again?:panic:

Polly2
05-10-2009, 05:08 PM
No they won't usually inspect you. They will just want you to write down days, times, hours and what children in detail for your week.

manjay
05-10-2009, 06:39 PM
Is it all day school or part-time? If it is morning & afternoon all week then he will be classed as a 5 year old. If it is Meithrin then he won't IYSWIM:D . If it meithrin Then I charge for the morning while they are there as they are paying for a childcare place not for my time.

We have been told that CSSIW will only give variations for continuity of care (ones that you already look after/or new siblings) not for financial gain (new ones).

We have also been advised not to ask if it is not for continuity of care. Are you saying that you want a variation to take on a new child or just have a space just in case? You have to give specifics of names and ages when applying for a variation. I have a child that is at Meithrin from 9-3 and I charge half price retainer for the hours they are not with me as the space is required in school hols. Where I am variation requests go before a panel who meet once a month so my request for 1 hour on one day took 6 weeks to ok:rolleyes: