PDA

View Full Version : further education.....

littlepixies
05-10-2009, 02:40 PM
Hello all, not been about for a few months as computer went down blummin thing!!
Any way back on line :) a huge relief!!

Ok well after being back on my nvq3 + btech ccld course for past 2 months my nvq manager and tutor came to visit to look at what i have left and how im doing and they believe i could be finished as early as jan!! I couldnt believe my ears ... they said im very advanced on the course with just a couple of units to compleate which is great!

Anyway this has now got me thinking... what next??
I didnt plan to be a childminder all my life.. and it was just a stopping gap while i studied my nvq and children were not in full time education. My son goes to reception in sept 2011. so i have a while yet and want to look at valid options to further and get a better chance of a good job when he does go.

I always wanted to be a primary teacher.... but have not the faintest idea on where or how to go about getting the right qualifications? Just wondered if any one could advise here....???

What is the next options available after mynvq 3 + betch in ccld?? and where could it take me!!! all thoughts welcome xx

Polly2
05-10-2009, 03:10 PM
There are a few of us on here doing a foundation degree which would be an option for you.

You could then top up to an honours degree, then do teacher training and become a teacher if you wanted.

I think thats how it works :rolleyes:

The Juggler
05-10-2009, 03:32 PM
There are a few of us on here doing a foundation degree which would be an option for you.

You could then top up to an honours degree, then do teacher training and become a teacher if you wanted.

I think thats how it works :rolleyes:

ditto. go onto your foundation degree, then you top up with a year of the BA Hons degree and after that you would do your PGCE, it's 4 years nearly in total though.

Once you've got your degree or even you foundation degree you could look at other options. Early Years is so diverse at the moment, you have childrens centres, development workers, family support, playwork. You could go in all directions.

LOL

youarewhatyoueat
05-10-2009, 10:37 PM
On the nvq3 i'm nearly finished and have asked to tag on 2 extra units to also get the playwork qualification, I just need to have after school children to be assessed. I'm then considering doing my maths and english and foundation degree and then go into social work.