PDA

View Full Version : the quickest chocolate cake in the world: all done in less than 15 mins

Blackhorse
05-10-2009, 01:07 PM
haha!!

It really works and it uses a microwave !!! I actually never use my microwave as I dont like it but I tried this recipe and I love it!
the cake is very fluffy and tastes lovely!!!
It is a quick and easy way to make a cake for even an after-schooler to still be able to see the finished end product and even eat some!!

You mix up all the ingredients with a hand blender for about 2 minutes on high (start slowly until everything is nicely mixed in then switch to high)

Once the cakemix is made pour it into a prepared oven-proof dish.
I used a glass bowl that I buttered and coated with flour/breadcrumbs to make sure the cake doesnt stick.

a 800Wat microwave will bake the cake on high in 7-8 minutes
if you think it needs a bit longer just give it another minute
then leave to stand in the microwave for another 2-3 minutes without power on but with the door shut.

turn out on a plate...and once cooled you can cover with chocolate or just icing sugar..or you could cut in half and fill with jam..cream..whatever

here are the ingredients for the cake:
100g sugar
100g soft butter
2 eggs at room temp
100g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 bit of salt
a tbsp cocoa powder or 100g grated chocolate
50ml milk at room temp
a bit of rum (can leave that out)

~Chelle~
05-10-2009, 03:30 PM
Thanks for that, will have to give that a try.:D

My MIL does something similar and puts pears at the bottom and puts in in the microwave for less time and it comes out like a fondant - all gooey and yum.

angeldelight
05-10-2009, 03:31 PM
Thanks for that I will give it a go

Never cooked a cake in the microwave so this will be a first - if you hear an explosion well you know where it will be coming from :laughing:

Angel xx

Blackhorse
05-10-2009, 03:54 PM
well mine was a first too...and all went well

you just need to watch that whatever you use is obviously microwave safe

the cake is only a small qty and can fit into a 1ltr dish (it will rise quite a bit)

you can always double the qty and use a 2 ltr dish!

nemo97
05-10-2009, 04:40 PM
Thanx for sharing. Its one of mindees birthday next week so
we'll have a trial run this week. :thumbsup:

Carol
05-10-2009, 06:36 PM
I cook my sponges in a microwave and they turn out great. Havent tried a chocolate one so must give this a go.
Thanks for sharing

Carol xxx

Monkey1
05-10-2009, 06:42 PM
Will give that one a go! Thankyou!:thumbsup:

Twinkles
05-10-2009, 06:43 PM
Thank you for that. I was only thinking the other day , when I first had a microwave I had a recipe for sponge puddings same sort of thing put jam or golden syrup in bottom of glass bowl and then add mixture.

Maguiresmonkeys
05-10-2009, 06:48 PM
Ooohhh lovely, will give that a try tomorrow! :thumbsup: Thanks for sharing !

hello kitty
05-10-2009, 09:16 PM
I used to do one similar with tinned cherries in the bottom of a pudding basin and the cake mix on top, similar to a black forest gateaux. :)

Lincsminder
05-10-2009, 09:42 PM
My mum used to do this as a quick pudding, tip some golden syrup into the bottom of a pyrex bowl then a make a quick sponge mix on top and bung that in the microwave it taste great with some custard. mmmmmmmmmmm

Trouble
05-10-2009, 09:46 PM
i have a lovely microwave and what do i use it for to heat baby food so i think i might try this and treat it to something good:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

miffy
06-10-2009, 06:47 AM
Thank you - I've never used the microwave to do anything more than heat baked beans or defrost stuff so will be interesting to see what happens with this! :)

Miffy xx

angeldelight
06-10-2009, 06:48 AM
Thank you - I've never used the microwave to do anything more than heat baked beans or defrost stuff so will be interesting to see what happens with this! :)

Miffy xx

Sounds like me ha ha :laughing:

xxx

Blackhorse
06-10-2009, 06:55 AM
oh I love the ideas of putting fruit etc on the bottom first...sounds really good

will try that...

FussyElmo
06-10-2009, 05:48 PM
Absolutely delicious:) Just done this as a quick pud for the children and friends:rolleyes: and it didnt touch the sides.

Thank you.

Alibali
06-10-2009, 06:01 PM
We made one today AFTER the school run:D for my mindees birthday! It worked well, I think next time I will put it in for 1 minute less though as it was slightly over cooked but the lo's love it, thanks. I'll post a pic later:thumbsup:

Chell
09-02-2010, 01:04 PM
Thanks, I might try this later as my boys (son and DH :laughing: ) love custard puddings.

Spangles
09-02-2010, 01:09 PM
Thanks for bringing this back up Chell, didn't see it before!

Plan to give this a go soon! No good for my diet though!

Chell
09-02-2010, 04:38 PM
Did you microwave it covered with cling film or open? I've got it mixed here ready to micro once DH is in. The scrapes from the bowl were delicious. :blush:

jellytot
09-02-2010, 06:47 PM
does it need eating straight away or will it keep? Thats if any is left over :laughing: :laughing:

Chell
09-02-2010, 07:40 PM
MIne wasn't very nice. I tipped it out of the bowl and you could see big craters on the surface. It felt a little undercooked, I'd given it 7mins. I gave it another 30 secs tipped up on the plate. It was quite tough although couldn't have been bad as DS asked if there was any more!

Blackhorse
09-02-2010, 07:57 PM
I had mine in the microwave uncovere an it was fine...it actually tasted very good.

shame you didnt like yours..!

MrsT333
09-02-2010, 09:09 PM
have copied this!! thank you will def it a try, i only use my microwave for heating up milk!

SandCastles
09-02-2010, 10:44 PM
I have never done a cake in the microwave before, but I think I will give this one a try.

miss mopple
10-02-2010, 11:55 AM
Just done this with the kids. Its didnt rise very much and looks a bit craterish on the bottom too. Doubt it'll stop them wolfing it down though :laughing:

SandCastles
15-02-2010, 05:41 PM
Yummy - I finally got around to doing this cake and it was delicious, reminded me of a choc fudge cake as it didn't rise much and looked very fudgy. I only have 2 slices left so I have put the plate out of reach and will try to save them for a cup of tea.
Thanks for the recipe - going to try syrup next (if any left over from pancake day tomorrow)

Daftbat
16-02-2010, 05:08 PM
Made the cake today and it was lovely - thanks for the recipe, the kids want to make it again tomorrow!:laughing:

sandy64
17-02-2010, 03:34 PM
thanks just made this lovely cake wow choccy cake ready to eat in 10mins yummy no good for diet tho :laughing: :laughing: