PDA

View Full Version : Have i done the right thing??

LisaMcNally09
05-10-2009, 10:51 AM
My 2yo mindee came this morning....he was fine if not a little sleepy....as soon as he got his drink of milk after his snack he laid down and fell asleep. Not like him at all!! Usually has nap at about half eleven! This was half ten!!

Anyway...woke up at quarter past eleven....stood up and threw up everywhere!!! He then wouldnt stop crying. I rang mum and told her and she came to pick him up straight away!!

I feel awful now though! Ive had to send him home bout 2 weeks ago for being sick and now i feel like they might think its me?!?!?!?!?!?!

I have my dd who has been ill all weekend with flu but is fine today and gone back to nursery this morning. I dont want to risk her getting poorly again!! Oh i dont know!!!:(

melanieabigail2004
05-10-2009, 11:19 AM
I am strict with my well child policy - if there is the remote chance they are ill they get sent home. I cannot afford for me or my children (I don't get paid) or other mindees to get ill. You did the right thing :)

M

Bendy
05-10-2009, 11:20 AM
Hi

I would have done the same. When Children are sick I feel they really need at home. You need to also protect your family. :)

Bendy

helenlc
05-10-2009, 11:22 AM
Yes, you did the right thing.

You cannot risk your health or that of your children and your mindees.

It is possible he has another upset tummy - it might be in the family and they are passing it round. This happened once when I was a nanny to twins - they each had it, then dad, then mum, then me and then it went back to one of the twins.

I am sure mum is fine with it as she wouldnt want to leave him at yours if he is so distressed and obviously unwell.