PDA

View Full Version : ideas on things to make

chewy sweets
05-10-2009, 08:14 AM
My Mindees mum's birthday is on Thursday and was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what we could make as a present. Something different than just a home made card??
All ideas welcome!!!:thumbsup:

LisaMcNally09
05-10-2009, 09:10 AM
How about a coloured sand jar???

You get an empty jam jar label taken off....salt and coloured chalk.

Use a paper plate and get mindee to 'colour in' a plate full of salt. The salt will change colour. This gets poured into the empty jar. You then do another plate full of salt with another colour and then keep repeating until the jar is full to the brim!

You then take a pencil and push into the jar to create a marble effect!!

HTH

katickles
05-10-2009, 09:16 AM
I made a home made gift box that mindee decoraterd & we then made home made fudge for inside - yummy!!! :D

helenlc
05-10-2009, 09:24 AM
For fathers day a couple of years ago, I bought some canvasses from the 99p shop (although you can get them at Hobbycraft or the Works etc).

The 2 mindees then had some paint and did a painting! They were 2 and 4 and loved it. The Dads also loved it.

Nice and cheap but very personal having been done by their children. They actually looked really effective and good!!

chewy sweets
05-10-2009, 09:29 AM
My mindee is 13 months old so was hoping for something that i could make and just get the mindee to do something small- eg handprint ???

Mouse
05-10-2009, 09:34 AM
My mindee is 13 months old so was hoping for something that i could make and just get the mindee to do something small- eg handprint ???

The canvas idea is still good. Just do lots of little one's hand prints all over it. You could sprinkle on some glitter to brighten it up.

One thing I do quite often is get a paper plate, print off a photo of the child to stick in the middle of it, then do lots on the baby's handprints on a piece of paper. Cut out the handprints when they're dry & stick the round the edge of the paper plate to make a frame. It looks like a flower or a sun, depending what colour handprints you do. Mums & Grannys always love them.