PDA

View Full Version : debate on childcare

haribo
04-10-2009, 09:06 AM
just seen `The big questions` on bbc 1 is about to have a debate on wether theres too much interference in childcare ---mentioned ofsted -- should be interesting . mr or mrs ofsted might even be there :laughing:

julie w
04-10-2009, 10:20 AM
I saw that too this morn. I agree with the fact that parents should have the final say about what happens with their children, not being told what to do by the government. You got me started now, and I'm supposed to be cleaning my windows lol.:D

miffy
04-10-2009, 12:58 PM
Oh :( missed it - was it interesting?

Miffy xx

haribo
04-10-2009, 01:25 PM
didnt watch all of it was rushing out but the general tone was the worlds gone stark staring mad :panic: there wasnt anyone from ofstead from what i saw or anyone speaking on behalf of childminders the 2 mums who were co minding were on though and seemed to have lots of support from the audience .

jelly15
04-10-2009, 01:47 PM
I caught the end if it and most people agreed that the government have taking things too far and that the parents are losing the right to parent as they see fit. Parents know their child best and are losing confidence in their abilities.

CherryBlossom
04-10-2009, 02:26 PM
Have to see if I can watch it on catch up tv!
x

solly
04-10-2009, 02:35 PM
I watched it with interest and agree that the world has gone mad, it would of been good if ofsted had been there, I agree that the parents should have the final say who looks after their children.

TheBTeam
04-10-2009, 04:21 PM
I agree with the fact that there should not be unregistered childminders making a living from looking after children, but think that an arrangement between two friends caring for each others child, accepting risk about lack of insurance etc should probably be allowed, i don't think that they should be forced to choose registered childminding, i feel that there is a difference to them choosing an unregistered childminding because she is say £2 an hour cheaper than a registered one.

The two women were obviously acting responsibly and felt that their friendship, the kids friendship etc and a good working proposition worked for them and i think that it is one step too 'big brother' to stop this kind of arrangement.