PDA

View Full Version : Giving new mindee notice

christinajanep
03-10-2009, 04:04 PM
I am really struggling with this and really need your advice.

I took on a new mindee about 5 weeks ago, i didnt take a retainer as they were starting so soon and i really trusted the parents but let me a cheque to be paid in on the 30th for octobers care (i paid this in on Wednesday)

They went on holiday last sunday for the week and not back until sunday / monday and the child starts on Tuesday
Well on Thursday just gone i was offered a job working in a local infant school which is an amazing opportunity for me and my career in getting my QTS.

I feel awful now as i have to tell the parents that unfortunately i wont be able to have the child any longer than the 4 weeks as i start my job just after half term...

This is giving me nightmare and really stressing me out as i hate the thought that they feel ive done wrong by them..

any advice appreciated (good or bad )

youarewhatyoueat
03-10-2009, 04:14 PM
I would speak to them face to face and explain just what you've told us, can you find any alternative care for the child. If I was the parent I wouldn't want to be told that in a letter can you not ring up on monday and ask to go and see them, or drop a note through the door asking for them to come early on tuesday as you need to speak to them.

christinajanep
03-10-2009, 04:17 PM
i have left a message for them to contact me when they can..
just hate what ive done to them

Daftbat
03-10-2009, 04:43 PM
Just tell them what you have told us - life happens that way sometimes:thumbsup:

There's nothing to feel bad about really.

youarewhatyoueat
03-10-2009, 04:44 PM
Don't feel guilty, you didn't do it intentionally and good luck with the new job.

Pudding Girl
03-10-2009, 05:35 PM
Life happens, can't always plan for it, hope you enjoy your new career :)