PDA

View Full Version : cosatto duet lite, any info?

sweets
03-10-2009, 07:42 AM
i have been looking for a light tandem double buggy that folds up reasonably small. i have just seen this one on offer in boots for £203. didnt really want to spend that much but dont mind as long as its the 'right' buggy. it looks really nice and easy. has anyone had or got one and can tell me a bit more about it.

I will be using it for a 12mnth old and a 10 mnth old.

Hebs
03-10-2009, 08:02 AM
i wasn't that keen on it TBH, and it didn't fold small enough to go in my car with all 7 seats up :thumbsup:

£200 is VERY expensive, you could get one MUCH cheaper on ebay :D

Hebs
03-10-2009, 08:05 AM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/COSATTO-DUET-LITE-SUPA-DOUBLE-TANDEM-BABY-STROLLER-BNIB_W0QQitemZ380156914705QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_3?hash=item58831e2c11&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

sweets
03-10-2009, 08:50 AM
ooh thanks hebs. thats a better price. was the one you had like to push tho? i'm only little and find doubles hard work!

A side by side would prob be easier for me but i want to be able to get it in my doorway and into my hallway so it has to be a tandem really.

Hebs
03-10-2009, 08:59 AM
TBH the ONLY double i find REALLY nice, light and easy to push is the phil and teds.

i like the fact that it can be used as a single when i don't need a double so no need for 2 different buggy's :thumbsup:

PixiePetal
03-10-2009, 09:01 AM
If you are only little :) the phil and teds is fine - CM friend is 5ft if that - probably a bit less and uses one. Easy to push too.

jaja
03-10-2009, 10:28 AM
go and try one first..... mothercare have them in store.... i was going to get one from mothercare and went to try and it was too heavy and thats without the kids, didnt know if i could push it with the kids in and when you tried to lift it, it was really heavy, but i like the look and feel of it....

helenlc
03-10-2009, 10:48 AM
I agree - its very heavy even without kids in it.

It was really hard to lift in and out of the car - if you walk everywhere it might not be too bad.

But I would go and try it out in Mothercare and also have a go of the P & T as well.

amirose
03-10-2009, 10:51 AM
I have one and I hate it! Whats worse is I paid £80 second hand and have since seen it go for half that :(
Its very heavy, and doesn't really fit in my hatchback because its soooo long, can get it in without the parcel shelf but because of the angle I still cant get the single in as well.
Don't like the handles either they are like motorbike handles funny angle and too high.
Don't have a clue how they get away with calling it duet lite !!!

Would sell mine and get soemthing else but honestly couldn't write anything positive about it without feeling like a total fraud!!!

Oh I have a positive - its fits on buses lol

solly
03-10-2009, 03:04 PM
I have one and i like hate it:( I am 5ft 2 and find it heavy to push i have a 12month old and a 7 month old the 12 month old is quite big for his age i have tried it with heavier child in the front and the other way round and it doesnt seem to make a difference. I really struggle getting it up a curb, i cant comment about in a car as i dont drive. At the moment i am putting up with it as i am only using it 1 day a week but will get either an obaby or p&t if i get more children

dobby
03-10-2009, 03:56 PM
Horrible horrible horrible type of tandem these are, along with the mothercare hoxton. Dont buy it, they are hard to steer, heavy, even without kids in, and only the back reclines so no good with 2 young children. I bought one of these as I cannot get side by side in the house and sold it after less than 6 months for an instep nipper - cannot get in the house but to be honest it has not been an issue. If kiddies asleep I usually go for a walk or if not pheasable, gently lift out to cot - thats happened a handful of times in 3 years so not exactly a major problem. I keep outside during the day (with cover over if bad weather) with padlock in case pinched (nice place i live me ;) )

It is better to have a pushchair you can enjoy using than one you feel you need to have due to maybe one issue.

sorry not much help but they are a real pain

Helen79
03-10-2009, 05:29 PM
I hated mine too. It's far too heavy & the handles are too high. I'm 5' 2" & couldn't get it up a curb.
I thought the seats weren't big enough either, ds' bum was hanging off the front of the seat.

the Jane Powertwin has an adjustable handle & even though it's the same weight is so much easier to push.

daisyboo1980
03-10-2009, 05:32 PM
i have or had all types of double buggies and hated most of them apart from my phil and ted it is great to push and im small to i would go and try before u buy i learnt thats the best way
happy buggy hunting :)

sweets
03-10-2009, 09:34 PM
thanks for replies everyone, glad i didnt bid on ebay for one that was going cheap! i dont like phil and teds as always feel sorry for the LO at the back, looks like they are stitting on the floor to me! jane power twins are nice but v overpriced and exp even the second hand ones. think i will go to mothercare and toys r us and have a look. will prop go for a side by side now i think.

dobby
03-10-2009, 11:15 PM
Sweets have you seen this? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bertini-Four-Wheel-Steerable-Pram-and-Toddler-Seat_W0QQitemZ150376760745QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Ba by_BabyTravel_Pushchairs_GL?hash=item23032745a9&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I have used one and they are brilliant, sadly no longer distributed in the uk (although parts still can be got from Oz :) )

Cannot believ how cheap this is going for, would be tempted myself but hubby would throttle me.....