PDA

View Full Version : some people omg

nic76
02-10-2009, 08:21 PM
i had a lady phone me and ask if i could pick her son up from nursery for half an hour every friday.

can you believe it.. i told her it wouldnt be worth my while and she said but i will pay you for a full hour surley that is worth it. lol does she realise i have to get others in the car to get her son to come home for 15 mins and pay diesel etc. arrggghhhhh

i said i could have him for the full morning but not for half an hour

Blackhorse
02-10-2009, 08:27 PM
haha..it all depends on your hourly fee...
say you charge £50....that should make it worth your while...:rolleyes:

some people

nikim
02-10-2009, 08:48 PM
Blackhorse is right charge a higher fee to make up for it , depends how desperatley she needs the care:)

miffy
02-10-2009, 08:50 PM
Very generous of her - offering to pay for a WHOLE hour! :rolleyes:

Miffy xx

Lady Haha
02-10-2009, 09:22 PM
Very generous of her - offering to pay for a WHOLE hour! :rolleyes:

Miffy xx

Yes, I would be biting her hand off for it!!!

Mummits
03-10-2009, 06:33 AM
I had a chap phone yesterday, asked if I had a place for a 3 year old, and I said yes. So he said his child is looked after at home by his grandmother but he wants him to go to nursery in the afternoons. So I asked when he would like me to care for him, and he said he just wanted me to come over at lunchtime, pick him up from home and take him to nursery, then collect him from nursery at 3.30 and take him home. As well as being on the other side of town, all of this would be clashing with my other nursery/school pickup, lunch, naps etc so I said no I couldn't do it, and suggested grandma might call a taxi. He sounded fairly surprised, and said he was willing to pay up to two hours a day (wow - it would take every bit of that with two or three children in tow) and when I still declined he said he would leave the offer on the table for me to think over! I know we've had posts about charges for nuresery pickups, but I've never heard of anyone just wanting a taxi service on the cheap :rolleyes:

hello kitty
03-10-2009, 07:48 AM
I also had a lady who wanted me to call at her house to collect her child then drive the child 6 miles to nursery at 8 in the morning then pick child up from same nursery and drive her home again at 6 pm. I suggested a taxi might suit her better!!!!

Trouble
03-10-2009, 07:52 AM
I also had a lady who wanted me to call at her house to collect her child then drive the child 6 miles to nursery at 8 in the morning then pick child up from same nursery and drive her home again at 6 pm. I suggested a taxi might suit her better!!!!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: nice one

jelly15
03-10-2009, 10:14 AM
Flipping cheek of some people.

brightstar
03-10-2009, 12:05 PM
I've had three calls in two days - one trying to sell me advertising, one looking for a job and one from 30 miles away wanting school pickups and saying there were no local childminders (told her to look on netmums). Where are the real enquiries?