PDA

View Full Version : My first day!

Alz
02-10-2009, 06:07 PM
Well my 1st day...well long morning really, went really well. I only had one mindee and my own DD but it was fine and I am really looking forward to next week! It was so nice to be doing a job in the comfort of my own home! I was all up for taking the two little ones out for a walk to try out the double buggy, but the weather was not on our side today....maybe next week!

I just need some more enquiries now as we had a meeting at my work yesterday and all our fears were confirmed when the big "R" word was mentioned! Looking to make three people redundant and one of those in my department (and basically there is only me in my "department!") so looks like im up for the chop...never mind, free's me up to put all my energy into my minding business so I feel I'm in a more fortunate postion that most of my collegues!

Will be on here regularly looking for advice on my SEF now methinks!:panic:

:thumbsup:

Minstrel
02-10-2009, 06:40 PM
Sorry about the news on your job but glad you had a fab start to minding and long may it continue! :clapping:

Demonjill
02-10-2009, 08:07 PM
What a fab start and good luck with finding some more mindees!:clapping: :clapping:

balijay
04-10-2009, 03:32 PM
Hi Alz! Glad your 1st day went well. I had my 1st morning yesterday (sat) - only 5 hours a week but it went great - lo seemed really happy here. Good luck finding more mindees :)

jelly15
04-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Congratulations on a good fist day ladies.

Wish me luck, my first day tommorrow. 2 children on my books to start this week and another in a month, still got Fridays free!

miffy
04-10-2009, 04:14 PM
Congratulations Alz and Balijay - pleased to hear you've both got off to a good start.

Sorry about the job Alz but hopefully you'll be able to expand your childminding business.

Good luck to you too Jelly, hope tomorrow goes well for you!

Miffy xx