PDA

View Full Version : what would you do?????

chewy sweets
02-10-2009, 02:30 PM
I normally charge 1/2 pay for child's holidays but have written in contract that i need a months notice for holidays. Mum who works shifts has just given me next weeks hours and he's not going to be with me 2 days cos she's off on hols. He's normally with me 5. Would you charge for the 2 days as she hasn't given me notice????

Thanks everyone's advice and opinions well appreciated! :thumbsup:

grindal
02-10-2009, 02:35 PM
You are well within your rights to do so. If it is the first time it has heppened I would probably be inclined to ask if she realised and if she did not to accept 1/2 fees for the 2 days but make sure she realises that in future you will charge her full fees unless she gives 1 months notice. (Although it is prob hard when working shifts and maybe you both need to agree on a bit less notice in future?)

LisaMcNally09
02-10-2009, 02:53 PM
I would charge full as it will have been explained to her when you signed contracts.

Start as you mean to go on as my mother used to say!!:laughing:

louised
02-10-2009, 07:38 PM
If this is the first time it has happened I think I would remind her of the contract terms and charge her full if it happens again

youarewhatyoueat
02-10-2009, 07:43 PM
Just charge her full but thank her for letting you know he won't be in on 2 days, and enjoy a couple of quiet days.

Lady Haha
02-10-2009, 08:00 PM
I am the biggest softie going when it comes to enforcing contracts, but even I bit he bullet when one mum did this to me! She told me the week before half term that she had the week off, so wouldn't need me. I had to tell her that I was really sorry,but as she is supposed to give me four weeks notice, I would have to charge her full fees for the week. I explained to her that school holidays are when I spend the most on taking kids out etc and as I was expecting the money I couldn't let it go as I didn't have time to juggle bills etc around with the little notice she gave me and thats why I ask for four weeks notice. I know it gets a bit personal then, but at least then they realise you aren't just being a miserable old jobsworth!