PDA

View Full Version : Planning

LisaMcNally09
02-10-2009, 11:59 AM
Where does everyone put their individual weekly plans and group planning when they have been and gone?
Does the individual plans get put in the learning journey???

Im really struggling with getting together my paperwork into folders and having a routine of what i complete????

I have a topic plan folder which has activity ideas/resources needed/ links to eyfs.
I then have an individual planning weekly sheet which i complete with help from the previous weeks obs i have done.
I have a weekly group plan which has a rough idea of what we will be doing for planned activities and on which day
I then have activity plans which go into more detail about each planned activity i do...links to eyfs....resources needed....links to eyfs etc.

Am i doing that all right?? Is there anything else i need? And like i originally asked (but got side tracked:blush: ) what do i do with the plans when that week has gone???

Im getting so stressed with trying to get into a routine with this. I cant wait until all my systems are in place and its all second nature!!

Thankyou everyone!!

MissTinkerbell
02-10-2009, 12:15 PM
I used to do all of this - basically coming from a teaching background it was just automatic. However when Ofsted came she told me that I was doing above and beyond what I actually needed to do!!

Now all I have is a weekly sheet divided into each day which briefly lists my adult led activities; my child led resources which will be out; links to EYFS (for the whole week) and a space for general observations and next steps.

At the moment I only have 1 mindee in the Early years age phase so just have the one weekly sheet and it goes into his Learning Journey at the end of each week. I then add photos and artwork which provide evidence to go with the sheet.

Straws
02-10-2009, 12:20 PM
I think you are making more work for yourself, I do the same as MissTinkerbell.
Straws xx

Rubybubbles
02-10-2009, 12:22 PM
I used to do all of this - basically coming from a teaching background it was just automatic. However when Ofsted came she told me that I was doing above and beyond what I actually needed to do!!

Now all I have is a weekly sheet divided into each day which briefly lists my adult led activities; my child led resources which will be out; links to EYFS (for the whole week) and a space for general observations and next steps.

At the moment I only have 1 mindee in the Early years age phase so just have the one weekly sheet and it goes into his Learning Journey at the end of each week. I then add photos and artwork which provide evidence to go with the sheet.

can I be really cheeky and see a copy of this layout please:D

FussyElmo
02-10-2009, 12:43 PM

Me too please sounds fab much better than the rubbish one I have:)

helenlc
02-10-2009, 12:43 PM

I was going to ask the same thing - I have 3 in EYFS and this sounds ideal!

nemo97
02-10-2009, 12:48 PM
Can I be cheeky and ask for a peek too. :blush:

HELEN10
02-10-2009, 12:50 PM
Sorry about this but please may i have copy too?

Thankyou, HELEN10

singlewiththree
02-10-2009, 12:57 PM
I just have an A4 book and for each day I list what individual activites and group activities/toys we have out. ofsted were happy with this.

MissTinkerbell
02-10-2009, 01:16 PM
Have attached it - if I've managed to do it correctly!!!:laughing:

Rubybubbles
02-10-2009, 01:19 PM
ohh thankyou, it's very colourful:thumbsup:

Mine is very similar but your's looks brighter

Thanks for sharing

MissTinkerbell
02-10-2009, 01:25 PM
Its the Reception teacher in me - things have to be bright and colourful - pain in ink though, although have access to colour photocopier for free so I tend to print off one and photocopy the rest.

FussyElmo
02-10-2009, 01:26 PM
Brilliant I going to adapt that for ne if you dont mind!!!!

Maguiresmonkeys
02-10-2009, 01:35 PM
Thank you for sharing your planning sheet, Mrs Tinkerbell. its fab! :) Ive been trying to do one myself for ages with everything all together.....:blush:

grindal
02-10-2009, 02:51 PM
Thanks for sharing that - I have been doing a similar thing in my diary, but would be nice to do on a sheet so I can put in mindees folder.

nemo97
02-10-2009, 05:11 PM
Thanx for sharing. :thumbsup:

youarewhatyoueat
03-10-2009, 04:50 PM
Thats much better than mine, thanks for sharing x

HELEN10
03-10-2009, 04:57 PM
Thanks very much, really good.

HELEN10

miffy
03-10-2009, 05:26 PM
Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

Carol
03-10-2009, 06:27 PM
Have attached it - if I've managed to do it correctly!!!:laughing:

Thanks for showing us, its lovely well done

Carol xxxx

Zoomie
03-10-2009, 08:20 PM
this sounds really good, but I can't open it.

will try again later.

Bongo
12-05-2011, 10:08 PM
Same here :( But I think I need to post a bit more on this fab forum to get some more privileges!

clharries
09-07-2012, 08:06 PM
hi can i be cheeky and see a peek at your planning?
thanks