PDA

View Full Version : Am i the only one

Tatjana
02-10-2009, 09:30 AM
That gets enquiries for all different schools and nurseries other than the one my sons attend? I can't believe my bad luck :( if they don't start/finish at the exact same times as my sons school then they're too far away to get to anyway, argh!

I don't expect any replies, just having a mini tantrum!

xx

mama2three
02-10-2009, 09:37 AM
no , i get it too. in fact ive changed his nursery 2 afternoons as i couldnt do the runs and needed the income.wont be an option when he starts 'school' though. have you put flyers up at your sons school?

LisaMcNally09
02-10-2009, 09:38 AM
I have exactly the same problem. In the town i live in we have 6 different schools!!:eek: Believe it or not its only about 4square miles!!! lol

Ive been lucky with my last enquiry though. The parents have decided to put their 3 year old into my dd and ds school so i can mind him even though its not the nearest to where they live!:clapping:

Lisa

Tatjana
02-10-2009, 09:41 AM
no , i get it too. in fact ive changed his nursery 2 afternoons as i couldnt do the runs and needed the income.wont be an option when he starts 'school' though. have you put flyers up at your sons school?

I have a postcard up on the reception noticeboard. The thing is where i'm new i think parents are going with the established cms that cover my school as they are full to the brim!

There is a teacher that wants me to have her baby, due in Nov, wants care from March. Problem is i'm taking maternity leave in April! Really wanted to earn a bit more before then.

xx

Pipsqueak
02-10-2009, 10:11 AM
you need to make sure that you listing with FIS is correct. Make sure you ads state which school(s) area you can do (don't forget to include nurseries)

You will find that as people will fill up they have to search further afield for childcare - even at a long shot

singlewiththree
02-10-2009, 11:46 AM
My FIS listing states which school and three of our schools have recently merged into one but I still get enquiries from that school and the three others in the local areas!

Tatjana
02-10-2009, 12:54 PM
There are so many schools, pre schools and nurseries around here, BUT the area is also saturated with cm's, there are 3 of us in my road alone, and it's only a short road!:eek:

xx

Daftbat
02-10-2009, 05:03 PM
I have had enquiries to pick up or drop off at most of the schools within a ten mile radius, i think, in my ten years. I did at one point deal with 4 schools but i now only do one. I am happy to consider either dropping off or collecting from a nursery at another school but thats about all - one school is enough to deal with for me. Hopefully you will get the enquiries you want soon:D