PDA

View Full Version : what a statement

Jellytotzjulia
01-10-2009, 05:11 PM
on radio 2 today Jeremy Vine was talking about this nursery abuse story, & somebody actually emailed in & said "People who have children & then have to go out to work & leave their children with a nursery or childminder, shouldn't have children in the first place!!":angry: :angry: :eek: :angry: .

I just couldn't believe this statement it got me so angry, this person really doesn't live in the real world surely:angry: .

Julia

sarah707
01-10-2009, 05:24 PM
Sadly it's still a view held by some people in this world.

Usually they have very rich partners :rolleyes:

Tam's Tribe
01-10-2009, 05:26 PM
Oh yes coz it is far better to have 9 kids, not work and live of the state!!!

tammerisk
01-10-2009, 07:02 PM
sorry for this but some times there are people i could agree with this statment.

i mean the parents that you get that have babies cause they think they expected to and really don't want them and then send them to child care bording school all there lifes and never spend any time at all with them

FizzysFriends
01-10-2009, 07:04 PM
There is a lady at toddler group that thinks that, child carers and the children they care for are turned wrotten and will never recover.

jelly15
01-10-2009, 07:12 PM
That person can't realise that this is the twentyfirst centuary. Some women have to work and somewomen want to work, and these women deserve support not criticism. As has been said already in this thread, better than scrounging off the state. Working mums contribute to the country and provide a positive role model to their children. Pity that man made the statement on the radio and not in front of a crowd of working mums and childminder, hey?:censored:

MissTinkerbell
02-10-2009, 12:21 PM
sorry for this but some times there are people i could agree with this statment.

i mean the parents that you get that have babies cause they think they expected to and really don't want them and then send them to child care bording school all there lifes and never spend any time at all with them

I went to college with a girl who said that she would have children but would employ a nanny and then as soon as they were old enough (at 3) they would be sent to boarding/prep school until they were 18 so that she didn't have to change her lifestyle and they wouldn't 'disrupt' her life.

Now those are the 'mother's' who shouldn't have children :angry:

Blackhorse
02-10-2009, 12:28 PM
hmm...I think it is wrong to say that as many mums want to go out and work...but bearing in mind that until not that long ago mums actually stayed at home with their kids and that was the norm....

Now I am all for having a career as woman even as a mum!! Woman all over the world have worked long and hard for this our right!
But what I think is a pitty is that MANY woman dont have a choice. They need to work...whether they want to or not...and I think in a way that is sad for a lot of them as they dont actually want to put their kids into childcare but have to..

also in the past most woman were able to stay home..partners went to work...and they didnt have to live off the state either..!

Rubybubbles
02-10-2009, 12:30 PM
I went to college with a girl who said that she would have children but would employ a nanny and then as soon as they were old enough (at 3) they would be sent to boarding/prep school until they were 18 so that she didn't have to change her lifestyle and they wouldn't 'disrupt' her life.

Now those are the 'mother's' who shouldn't have children :angry:

oh dear! should I not of had children then because mine will be going to boarding:D Not because they disrupt me though lol, because we move every 18 months - 2 years with hubby's job:thumbsup:

MissTinkerbell
02-10-2009, 01:21 PM
oh dear! should I not of had children then because mine will be going to boarding:D Not because they disrupt me though lol, because we move every 18 months - 2 years with hubby's job:thumbsup:

Of course not :laughing: but my friend was very much along the lines that children were an accessory, much like a new Gucci handbag, to be had rather than actually wanting a child.

Trouble
02-10-2009, 01:23 PM
ring in an make a complaint and not to tar us with a nursery brush as were better:D