PDA

View Full Version : Enquiry help please

clorogue
01-10-2009, 05:07 PM
I have had an enquiry today to look after 1 hour before school and 30 mins after school (could be even 10 mins).The child is 5 in December in full time education, I won't have him in the holidays. Does he come under the EYFS and until what point? Do I have to do observations on him.

Also his parents are separated, what do I need to ask with regard to parental responsbility and what forms. Apparently the split is amicable.

Appreciate any help at all!

Thanks

sarah707
01-10-2009, 05:28 PM
Come up with a price for the day, then you're not missing out...

yes you need to meet the Eyfs but you can do it through routine and it's proportionate to the time he is with you...

you are aiming to complement other settings, not do it all by yourself.

hth :D

clorogue
01-10-2009, 05:37 PM
Sarah does he only come under the EYFS until his birthday in December? Also can you help with parental responsibility - do I need to ask any particular questions? I have come up with a price of £30 for the day as he is taking up space in my car.

THANKS! Yes again!

Minstrel
01-10-2009, 05:55 PM
£30 :eek: :eek:

For b& a school! That is very very steep!! I think you need to review that- i cant see them accepting the place for that price!

miffy
01-10-2009, 05:55 PM
He comes under the EYFS until 31 August following his 5th birthday.

You need to record somewhere in your paperwork who has parental responsibility and who has a right to legal contact (access) to the child.

Miffy xx

sarah707
01-10-2009, 05:59 PM
the statutory requirements say -

* A child is a young child up until 1st September following his or her fifth birthday.

so that's when he goes from Eyfs to the childcare register.

1 hour before school and 1/2 hour after I would say £5 and some parents would baulk at that!

If you can't comfortably fit him in the car without losing a potential full timer, then I would say it's too much.

Just to compare, our local after school club are charging £4.60 including a cooked meal for 3 - 6 pm! :rolleyes:

You need to get the signature of the parent who is paying you and the parent with whom he spends most of his time. You must also note where he lives for most of the week.

If both parents are intending to pay you, maybe one each month, then get both signatures.

Unless there is a court order against one parent, then you must try and deal with both (or at least in your paperwork show that you have tried.)

Good luck! :D

clorogue
01-10-2009, 06:23 PM
Thank you so much everyone - really appreciate that. I'm afraid that can be the going rate around here - yes I do have the situation of my 3 spaces and I have explained that and that is only what I could do it for if she needed me because I usually look after 3 under 5 and don't usually do before and after school care.

Thanks again for all your help also about the EYFS and parental responsibility - all noted!

julie w
01-10-2009, 06:51 PM
I would charge £30 for the week, not a day.x.

buildingblocks
01-10-2009, 07:55 PM
For before and after schoolers I charge £4 an hour and a minimum of three hours and the three hours cover 8-9am and 3-5pm anything before and after that is extra at £4 an hour although I use my discretion depending on how long they are with me. I have two from the same family who are here from 8 - 9am and that is it and mum pays £12 per child each day. In holidays they are charged at normal hourly rate as in all day.

I know what you mean about doing the EYFS as M is in the setting term time for 10 mins before we leave for school but I will have the luxury of having her in the school holidays to do obs etc on her.