PDA

View Full Version : emotions

mushpea
01-10-2009, 04:21 PM
hi had my son assed for aspergers today and they said he was border line, we are going to be having vairous other tests over the next year,
anyway the said that he has social problems and one of the things said was he cant understand his own emotions or that of other people and i was told visual aids would be good. so i thought instead of singling him out i could use this as a theme for all the children, thought we could have a board that says 'how i am feeling now' and then they can put faces which show the corrrect emotion on the board.
i have looked on sparkle box but they dont have the 'face' pictures i need so wonded if anyone new of any good websites for this kind of thing please

Blaze
01-10-2009, 04:39 PM
I have an emotiocon version - if you PM me your email - I'll send it to you - but you'll have to wait for the weekend - if that's ok?

However, many SEN children repond much better to actual pictures IYSWIM - you might prefer to make your own?

mushpea
01-10-2009, 04:50 PM
thanks thats very kind of you, have pm you my email, we are going to look through mags for picys too and also going to try and get the children i care for to smile, look sad etc and take some pictures of them to show him 'real' pictures.

Blaze
01-10-2009, 05:04 PM
I've sent you a start & am now searching the black hole that is my pc for the rest of it!:rolleyes:

miffy
01-10-2009, 05:06 PM
Have a look at this website

www.do2learn.com

They have lots of flash cards/ signs etc you can make

Miffy xx

TheBTeam
01-10-2009, 06:42 PM
hi had my son assed for aspergers today and they said he was border line, we are going to be having vairous other tests over the next year,
anyway the said that he has social problems and one of the things said was he cant understand his own emotions or that of other people and i was told visual aids would be good. so i thought instead of singling him out i could use this as a theme for all the children, thought we could have a board that says 'how i am feeling now' and then they can put faces which show the corrrect emotion on the board.
i have looked on sparkle box but they dont have the 'face' pictures i need so wonded if anyone new of any good websites for this kind of thing please

I have some from a while ago on sparklebox if you pm me your email i can send the files to you,

Rubybubbles
01-10-2009, 06:44 PM
bev evans commuications for all had some fab 'real' faces:thumbsup:

julie w
01-10-2009, 06:47 PM
I have just bought a brilliant face on which you can change the expressions, a bit like fuzzy felt. Also some jigsaws depicting various emotions. They were from one of the Findel catalogues ie nes arnold or Galt. Sorry I cant remember which one, but definitely worth a look.

Helen79
02-10-2009, 01:06 PM
the festival shop have some lovely jigsaws with different emotions :thumbsup:

Maguiresmonkeys
02-10-2009, 01:48 PM
I did this as a theme a few months ago. I got the children to pull faces to show different emotions and we took photos with digital camera and printed them off with the words underneath. They all loved doing this and the pictures turned out really well. Even my 18month old enjoyed copying the faces we were pulling! We also talked about what could make us feel like this while we were pulling faces, etc. We have made a board which is always up in the playroom with the photos on and words saying I feel...... and a place to stick the photo to tell me how they feel.