PDA

View Full Version : Had my very first inspection today

Tatjana
01-10-2009, 03:24 PM
She was actually really lovely, put me at ease and we even had a laugh together?!

I am so pleased to have got an overall 'Good' :jump for joy:
Had 3 areas of Outstanding and 1 of Satisfactory....totally my own fault instead of serving fruit or yoghurt after lunch as i nearly always do I gave them Happy Hippos at my sons request, this is what got me a Satifactory, oh what a muppet I am!!!:rolleyes:

Still I am really pleased as didn't think I would get that grading!

xx

Blaze
01-10-2009, 03:26 PM
That's HARSH!:( :rolleyes:

But Congratulations!:clapping: :jump for joy: All done for 3 (ish) years now!:)

sarah707
01-10-2009, 03:31 PM
Congratulations! :clapping:

Cazz
01-10-2009, 03:37 PM
Well done you :clapping:

I'll remember that one when my first one is due!

At least you can relax for 3 years now :laughing:

Dottilicious
01-10-2009, 03:50 PM
Well done! :clapping:

Trouble
01-10-2009, 03:53 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Bitsy Beans
01-10-2009, 03:57 PM
Well done. I might have mine tomorrow :panic:

What's a happy hippo? And why does that constitute you only getting a satisfactory??!

Zoomie
01-10-2009, 04:00 PM
Awww, that is so cruel.

But well done on the good !!!

:jump for joy: :jump for joy: :jump for joy: :jump for joy:

Andrea08
01-10-2009, 04:02 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Good is fab hun well done xxxxx

helenlc
01-10-2009, 04:37 PM
Congratulations.

But I must admit, it sounds a bit harsh to me. What happened to having a BALANCED diet and everything in moderation?

sweets
01-10-2009, 04:40 PM
ooh i love happy hippos, can i come for lunch? :laughing:

Well done getting a good, thats brilliant. bet youre glad its over now for the next 3 years.

angeldelight
01-10-2009, 04:48 PM
Sounds a bit harsh to me and kids will be kids

Well done though you should be really proud of yourself

:clapping: :clapping:

Angel xx

marian
01-10-2009, 04:49 PM
congratultions :clapping: :clapping:

But what if the child had brought it in a packed lunch from home????

Marian x

sarah707
01-10-2009, 04:54 PM

What's a happy hippo? And why does that constitute you only getting a satisfactory??!

It's not considered part of the healthy eating ethos we are all supposed to follow...

That would be snacks such as pieces of fruit, vegetable sticks and hummus, cheese cubes and breadsticks...

Some inspectors are really into healthy eating :D

Tatjana
01-10-2009, 04:57 PM

A Happy Hippo has a wafer type outside and soft centre, they're by Kinder.
I thought it was a bit harsh too as she'd read practically every page of the daily diary which clearly states how much fruit and yoghurts are given after meals, but hey ho.

I asked "was it the Happy Hippo?" and she said "Well, yes" :rolleyes:

She also gave the dad a hard time, thought she was going to ask him how he felt about the care i give etc she had a go at him for not putting 'parent comments' in the Learning Journal or the daily diary...he looked very uncomfortable!

xx

Rubybubbles
01-10-2009, 06:05 PM
well done hunny:clapping:

I think you should agrue the happy hippo though! You have proved in the daily dairy about the balanced diet they are receiving! Mine have chocolate friday where on friday afternoon snack they have a mini milky way or something and was told it was a good thing:rolleyes:

little miss chatterbox
01-10-2009, 06:14 PM
congrats you did really well! I would argue the satisfactory too! I know it doesn't affect your overall grade but it is extremely harsh! If you gave it to them everyday and never gave fruit or yoghurts then yes, I would say it's justified but not if you have evidenced in the diaries that you provide a healthy balanced diet!

and let's be honest - on an inspection day our minds are all over the place, we're a nervous wreck and not thinking straight and yes, i would probably give it if i was asked for it too!

mumx3
01-10-2009, 07:11 PM
Congrats! I think you are in my area? Enfield? Only I know Ofsted as wizzing round the new reg. at the moment doing loads of first inspections. Could you pm me the name of your inspector. I am expecting one tommorrow as on Tuesday they said it would be this week and havent arrived yet. I am hoping for a nice one!

emler
01-10-2009, 08:05 PM
:clapping: well done you :clapping:

amanda1309
01-10-2009, 08:13 PM
:clapping: well done.

pinklady
02-10-2009, 08:18 AM
Well done you!
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

grindal
02-10-2009, 08:24 AM
Well done Tatajana
Was it just your own son you gave the Happy hippo to - or mindee as well? I think it is extremely unfair to be penalised for something you gave to your own son as you are not professionally minding him, and are not obliged to follow the EYFS with him - you can do what you like to him :eek:
I would seriously consider putting in a complaint if that is the case. But well done regardless :clapping: :clapping:

Tatjana
02-10-2009, 09:35 AM
Well done Tatajana
Was it just your own son you gave the Happy hippo to - or mindee as well? I think it is extremely unfair to be penalised for something you gave to your own son as you are not professionally minding him, and are not obliged to follow the EYFS with him - you can do what you like to him :eek:
I would seriously consider putting in a complaint if that is the case. But well done regardless :clapping: :clapping:

Well no, I had to offer mindee one as then it wouldn't be inclusive, eh?!?

My son was asking for a cake and i said no, so he then asked for a Happy Hippo which i said yes to as he'd been so good that morning.

I can't blame anyone other than myself, harsh or not, I should have had the sense to at least offer fruit as well as that...or give a choice. :o

xx

ORKSIE
02-10-2009, 10:41 AM
Oh Bum!!
Well done tho:clapping: :clapping:

Maguiresmonkeys
02-10-2009, 12:35 PM
Well done :)