PDA

View Full Version : Stairgate recommendations please

susi513
28-02-2008, 03:52 PM
Is there such a thing as a stairgate that won't ruin your wall and yet be strong enough to withstand mindee's impression of a prison inmate???

ajs
28-02-2008, 03:57 PM
good question i really should get one too
although i have never used one before and ofsted were perfectly happy with that

sarah707
28-02-2008, 04:09 PM
I have a holey wall! :D

littlestar
28-02-2008, 04:25 PM
i had lovely red walls now i got red walls with white patch where stair gate has been i have considered puttind something on the the wall like the little sheilds you get for washing macheine feet or sofa,s but then i was thinking abit if foam im seriosly thinking about this one the only other option is to have one made and make it part of you stairs like little gates i was thinking this might be quite nice as i have pine stairs and could do little pine gates top and bottom :idea:

Noodles
28-02-2008, 04:44 PM
i use the Lascal Kiddyguard Retractable Rollerblind Safety Gate and although you still need to attatch it to the wall i like it cos it is like a roller blind and rolls away when not in use.

katiec
28-02-2008, 04:44 PM
I had wooden gates made for top and bottom ( not a bad price either), they look great, but you can not take them off, if you do you have ugly holes to look at instead of a little mark. If you plan to keep them there for awhile I would recommend getting them.
katie:)

Hopscotch
28-02-2008, 04:46 PM
I would also agree with the kiddiguard starigate i have one and they are really good, a bit pricey but well worth it.
Bev X:thumbsup:

Blaze
28-02-2008, 04:49 PM
I use the kiddiguard gate (well rollerblind) as well.:thumbsup:
Tasha:)

Mollymop
28-02-2008, 05:01 PM
EEEkkkkk I am not looking forward to putting my stairgate up! :(

Spangles
28-02-2008, 05:23 PM
I like the sound of the kidiguard gate, might take a look at those.

wendywu
28-02-2008, 05:31 PM
I also use the roller blind type it goes into the wood work on either side. I figured that holes in wood is eaiser to fill than replacing wall paper:)

manjay
28-02-2008, 05:56 PM
Even the pressure mounted ones pull your paint off when you take them down. We have them up for ds but figured if I was going to be a childminder then they would be staying there for a long time anyway.

amanda xx

Banana
28-02-2008, 06:16 PM
I've got pressure mounted. They are dog gates. Got them from a pet shop :D

Sarsar3NCH
28-02-2008, 06:44 PM
I use the Kiddiguard rollerblind one too, well worth the money cos you don't know its there at the weekends

Sarah

Tily Bud
28-02-2008, 06:46 PM
i use the Lascal Kiddyguard Retractable Rollerblind Safety Gate and although you still need to attatch it to the wall i like it cos it is like a roller blind and rolls away when not in use.

I really like the look of this one too x

susi513
28-02-2008, 07:57 PM
Thank you!

emma04
28-02-2008, 08:07 PM
i had lovely red walls now i got red walls with white patch where stair gate has been i have considered puttind something on the the wall like the little sheilds you get for washing macheine feet or sofa,s but then i was thinking abit if foam im seriosly thinking about this one the only other option is to have one made and make it part of you stairs like little gates i was thinking this might be quite nice as i have pine stairs and could do little pine gates top and bottom :idea:

Safetots uk (not sure of the web address but type safetots in search engine) they have got lovely pine gates for £18 each, they do need to be screwed to the wall though, but i have pine stairs, skirting etc and they blend in really well and aren't that noticeable either. They also don't have that annoying bar along the bottom, that i find a bit of a trip hazard!!

Safetots also have loads of other safety ideas and gadgets...worth a look.:)

angeldelight
28-02-2008, 09:02 PM
I hate stair gates

xx

miffy
28-02-2008, 09:06 PM
I live in a bungalow so do not have this problem;)

Miffy xx

Twinkles
28-02-2008, 11:28 PM
I have the wooden ones from Ikea. Tbh they've been there so long we don't even notice them now.

buildingblocks
03-03-2008, 08:22 PM

These are what i want in my house (I have three normal type ones) just need to start earning some spare cash to warrant double the price but I long for the days when I don't have a stairgate bar to fall over at a weekend.

We have a celebration in our house when the youngest child turns 2 and they come down