PDA

View Full Version : Need a bit of a rant

izzy23
01-10-2009, 01:54 PM
Hi all.
Just need to let off some steam. Had my 3 siblings for nearly a year now and their is one recurring issue with them thats really getting my goat. They turn up in all states of uncleanliness to me and I've been telling myself I am being unrealistic about stuff but still.....
little one came today covered in chocolate, all over his top also, still sticky, with crumbs...now lo is dropped off at lunchtime and 99% of the time I'm told "he's been in his cot all morning and didnt have a nap I dont think"...so of course, comes in the house and is like an animal been let out of his cage, bombing around, throwing himself into furniture etc. I clean him up always before he is let loose but it gets my goat that mum cannot put a flannel over him before they leave, also there is the middle sibling and she regularly turns up in hols faced smeared with all sorts of foodstuffs, dirty clothes etc. Now I have 2 of my own and I know children can't be kept pristine :p , not at all, but this seems completely over the top and its not as if she is rushing out of the house at 7am to drop them off, they come at lunchtime so mum has the morning to get stuff together. This on top of LO regularly coming with no spare clothes, not enough nappies, (I often have to stick my 3 yr old girls stuff on him whilst I wash his) etc etc is now really getting me down. Speaking from my own POV when I used a CM last year, yeah the LO sometimes ended up going into CM's with a bit of Weetabix or Ready Brek still around her mouth but never caked in the stuff.......ISn't it just basic manners to send your kids in a presentable state.......OH RANT OVER. :o

Jellytotzjulia
01-10-2009, 03:56 PM
hi Izzy,

I know what you mean my 2 sibling mindees are the same & still have the same dirty, tomato sauce covered top on the next day!! & as for the same socks all week!!:angry:. I even asked mum last night if she could wash little ones hair as it has been rock hard with stuff all week & he does like to sit on my knee while a comb his hair, but havn't been able to do this for him, need less to say his hairs the same today!

Julia

Trouble
01-10-2009, 04:00 PM
i have a baby who comes in the same clothes for 3 days :angry: :angry: :angry:

and his spare clothes are dirty in the clean bag:angry: :angry: :angry:

solly
01-10-2009, 06:41 PM
I have 2 siblings that come to me 4 times a week and they come to me very unkept and dirty and just recently they have come with no lunch today is the 2nd time this week mum said she forgot but tonight i questioned her and she admitted she had no food in the house and will try to find time to go shopping tonight.
It really annoys me i know she is on her own with 5 kids and does not have alot of money but i have been on the breadline before but i always made sure my children were clean and i made sure they had 3 meals a day