PDA

View Full Version : Wallpaper Samples

Pudding Girl
01-10-2009, 11:09 AM
Been given a LOT of different wallpaper samples - aside from paper chains, collages, using them for drawing on the backs of and weaving with them, can you think of anything else crafty we could do?

youarewhatyoueat
01-10-2009, 12:01 PM
I cut them into shapes, tractors, rockets, castles for the children to colour and stick bits onto, then also ran out of ideas, I'll watch this for some arty ideas.

miffy
01-10-2009, 12:05 PM
I like this one

http://www.essortment.com/hobbies/lizardcraftwal_scnx.htm

Miffy xx

huggableshelly
01-10-2009, 12:06 PM
texture flip book

cut out numbers/letters again adding texture

thicker bits .. cut out into shapes mount on card if needed ... add a piece of card as a tab/handle then dip into ink or paint for printing

chalk or wax crayon rubbings

miffy
01-10-2009, 12:08 PM
Some more ideas here

http://www.mycraftbook.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=106

Have fun

Miffy xx

Blackhorse
01-10-2009, 12:18 PM
seen one on mr maker with wallpaper

you cut out shapes from different wallpapers...like an owl or a flower...

you cut each petal seperately and then you assemble them and glue them on some carton

then you put a white piece of paper on top and use a crayon (lying on its side) to colour the paper...and you will see the shape of the flower or owl or whatever appear...you can use different colours to make it look nice

(it is a bit like putting a coin under a paper and drawing over it with a pencil)

hope i managed to explain this properly so you know what I mean:D

pinklady
01-10-2009, 12:20 PM
I use wallpaper samples for my own card making quite a lot. They make lovely backing papers!

How about making little dolls houses out of card board boxes etc and then you can wallpaper the house?

Pudding Girl
01-10-2009, 02:43 PM
Brill ideas, keep them coming!

have had a dig around int he bags and there are some which are crying out to be made into greetings cards and some that will be paper rubbingsable or for printing with.

and lots i want to put on my walls too!

sunnysmile
01-10-2009, 02:49 PM
That sounds like a brilliant resource I think i will be visiting my local wallpaper shop. :)